67 Barracuda wiper motor

-

cudajim

cudajim
Reaction score
I have a 67 ragtop Barracuda with no wiper motor. Can I use a 69 wiper motor, is it wired differently?

and depending on how many speeds it is, whos to say you couldnt make a harness or just rewire it??????

I have a late 68 Barracuda and the wiring harness is a little different from the 67`s and early 68`s where it goes into the bulkhead connector. I ran into that problem too. It`s like sending you to the DMV but you might try calling Year Ones tech dept. and they could pull a couple and tell you the differences.Like Cerwin said you could certainly make it work if you know what pins go where.

Jim,
I have all the wiring diagrams. The pinout at the bulkhead is different, but can be changed to fit. There are actually quite a few changes from 67 to 68. If we can get up to your place in the next month or so to look at that old Barracuda I'll bring a CD with the diagrams.

I bought my 67 Barracuda last summer and it had a mid-seventies wiper motor in it. Whoever changed it left the original switch in my car and one of the wires toasted. I just got a matching switch out of the junkyard with the connector and rewired it in about 2 hours. Pretty simple with wiring plans.

I found an original 67 wiper motor which I am going to clean up. It is way different than the 69 motor I had and wired much differently. I'd rather use original 67 stuff so I will go thru the pains to make it correct for the 67 year.

I did buy a wiper motor from Jims Auto Parts out of New Hampshire. They sent me the wrong part for a 69. I called them to let them know it's not right for a 67 and they wouldn't even acknowledge it could be wrong. I sent them pictures of both to prove it. They took it back but would not pay shipping both ways (about 50 bucks). I will never use em again!

I had a similar situation with Jims Auto. I found a rebuilt wiper motor from them for my 67 convertable, ordered it online but did not recieve a comformation e-mail from them. Waited a week before I called, was told that the wiper motors were discontinued and that their e-mail was not working. Pretty bad customer service if you ask me... I won't deal with them again. I'm in the hope that I don't get a charge from them on my credit card. I'm now waiting for a used wiper motor out of Arkansas. I can't seem to get myself to send the old one out for repair... ( $260.00 and up for rebuild)..

Ok first, you all realize that this thread is older than the stains in my underwear... (Don't picture that, you'll burn your retinas...)

There are two different wiper motors, the two speed and three speed. You have to get the proper one for your car, as the wiring is different.

Here's a picture of the two speed motor, notice how it comes outward away from the firewall. This car had the manual foot pump for the washer fluid on the floor:

View attachment 68 cuda wiper motor B.jpg

Here's a picture of the three speed wiper motor, notice how the motor "wraps around" side ways. This car had the electric window washer for the windshield:

View attachment 67 cuda wiper motor 2B.jpg

You need to check your switch inside on the dash to figure out if it is for a two speed or three speed wiper system...

I hope this helps you guys figure out which one that you need... :D

-
Back