67 bench with no headrest or shoulder strap

-

matthon

Reaction score
OK, so I have read every post I could find on the subject of adding shoulder seat belts to an a body, and from what I can gather a 67 will not have the connection point in the roof for the seat belt.

A few questions:

Can the attaching point in the roof be added?
I have seen a few aftermarket kits, but none have the pieces to attach to the roof.

I have a stock bench seat. Can headrests be easily added?
I think bench seats with headrests have a different internal structure.

Would I need to, or would it be easier, to get a bench seat from a later a body?

Token pic of my seat.

I also want to redo my bench as it is starting to tear at the seams due to use, and it is not very comfortable, so I am thinking new foam and a new cover is in order.
Before I do that, I need to figure out the headrest deal.

I would like to keep it stock, but when it comes to seats, headrests, and belts, I prefer to upgrade.

Attachments

• DSC06383.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 126
Has anyone upgraded a pre 68 a body to headrests and shoulder belts?

If your 67 has the coat hooks directly above where the side windows meet you will need to forfeit those hooks to install the shoulder belt anchors. If the coat hooks are about 4 inches further back then your car is a very late 67 and the shoulder belt anchors are present in the earlier coat hook position. I can offer roof anchors and instructions for their install but, I will not accept any responsibility or liability related to their use and/or performance.
I can also offer headrests and all related parts and pieces from a 1973 bench seat. Again, I will not accept any responsibility or liability related to their use and/or performance. If any of this interest you,
pm me.

I'll check on the location of the coat hooks.
Thank you very much for the info.

-
Back