67 Column Trim..Same as 68? 69?

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Does ANYONE know fer' shur' if the 67 Barracuda steering column trim piece (under the column) is the same for the 68 and/or 69?

I can find a LOT of them for sale for 68-9, but none definitively listed for 67............... HELP.......Need to purchase one quick.......

Anyone know? :read2:

Hi Tom, not much help, but I know there is a difference with 1 of them, going to chk my stash and see what I come up with

4spdragtop

the 68 is different along with everything else along the bottom of that dash.

Hi tom, here are a few pics of what I dug up. Im pretty sure the blk one is for 69, it has the part# 2922789, the blue one has a missing piece, it is around somewhere, and go figure that must be the piece that has part # on it. Take a look at the pics, you can see the difference in the "hooks" and the width. Hope that helps

4spd

DSCF0718 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0719 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0720 (Medium).JPG

Yup.......

The only piece I have LEFT is your missing piece! I need the one shown I guess. Figures......Nary a one on Ebay........all 68 & 69's.

If you can part with this or know of another, let me know.

Thanks a bunch........ Doc

Are you sure the broken one is the one you need?? I thought my broken one was out of a 68, but it could be 67 ??? Let me know, u cover the shipping and its yours. I have the missing piece and once its glued together it should be fine. The column trim doesnt bear any weight or anything, its just cosmetics. Lemme know
4spd

I just looked again, and it looks like the one on the RIGHT......I have a piece left on there with one screw and it looked like your missing piece, BUT not so.........

This 67 trim is definitely like the black one in the pic.....I'm wonderin' now if the blue one there isn't a 66 instead of a 67........?

I just chkd my parts manuals for both 68 and 69 and I couldnt find part # 2922789 why in heck are the parts manuals sooooo $hitty!! Can anyone verify what year part # 2922789 is for??

Here's what the 67 looks like........Note the piece still screwed to the upper right hand side is just a broken piece.....brittle plastic.....BUT, it's WIDE up at the top portions like the black one you showed......I'll bet it's the same as all the 69's shown on Ebay........

116_1621.jpg

Hey Tom, I think you got it, the 68(blue broken one) where it mounts it totally flat and the hole spacing is 1 3/4". The black one is not flat where it mounts, just like yours, the hole spacing is 3 3/4". Keep in mind the spacing on the black one, I had to bend the tape measure a bit. If I have an extra one, $25 plus shipping if you're interested.

Steve

-
Back