67 convert in the paint booth

-

fishman

Reaction score
Took a few more pics of the convert in the booth. Hope to get to drive it again in a week or two.

67 paint 001 (Small).jpg

67 paint 002 (Small).jpg

67 paint 004 (Small).jpg

67 paint 006 (Small) (Small) (2).jpg

67 paint 007 (Small).jpg

67 paint 008 (Small).jpg

67 paint 010 (Small).jpg

67 paint 011 (Small).jpg

67 paint 014 (Small) (Small) (2).jpg

67 paint 015 (Small).jpg

Looks good!

What color is that... it's looks a little pinkish color to it on my computer. Blacking out the radiator support is the right way to do it.

Looks good!

What color is that... it's looks a little pinkish color to it on my computer. Blacking out the radiator support is the right way to do it.

Its 67 bright red I shouldn't have used the flash it is over exposed. You can see the real color in some shots where the flash didn't get to it. I'll post more when I can take them in natrual light. Thanks for the coments, Tom

Looks great. I wanna pile mine in a dump truck and bring it to you. LOL

Looks great. I wanna pile mine in a dump truck and bring it to you. LOL

Thanks but dont bring anymore here. I have two more to finish. The 69 fastback will be the next to get paint then the 74 360 cuda will come after that.

It looks like the only place the color looks true is on the right rear quarter panel of that last photo. He`s doing a hell of a job on the car, it looks great!

These are a couple of new pics I took thur. night. My wife hates to be told not to touch things so we did that shot for a joke/ If all goes well today we will take it for a eide sunday,

67 paint 026 (Small).jpg

67 paint 025 (Small).jpg

67 paint 028 (Small).jpg

67 paint 027 (Small).jpg

67 paint 030 (Small).jpg

I just noticed you've unbolted the door hindges rather than pull the hindge pins. It wont be easy to put the doors back on and getting them properly aligned without damagng the paint. You probably know that though.
Anyway... next time try my suggestion... remove the hindge pins and install a pin and bushing kit to renew those hindges while the doors are off. The doors will go back on easier and hit the original margins. Even though those factory body lines were less than perfect, a lot less adjusting labor would be needed. Less chance of door and fender scaring one another too.
Actually , its not too late to renew those hindges and bolt one half back on the doors before hanging them. Best of luck to you in any case.

eeeeeeeek car cover on new paint, heavy no-no!!!

I just noticed you've unbolted the door hindges rather than pull the hindge pins. It wont be easy to put the doors back on and getting them properly aligned without damagng the paint. You probably know that though.
Anyway... next time try my suggestion... remove the hindge pins and install a pin and bushing kit to renew those hindges while the doors are off. The doors will go back on easier and hit the original margins. Even though those factory body lines were less than perfect, a lot less adjusting labor would be needed. Less chance of door and fender scaring one another too.
Actually , its not too late to renew those hindges and bolt one half back on the doors before hanging them. Best of luck to you in any case.

Thanks but the pins were rebuilt and doors aligned prior to painting witched has worked real well they are back on now and look real good.

Chrisf, You are 100% correct about those solvent pop bubbles and that my friend can ruin a perfect paint job....I went thru that when I first painted mine,but I waited a week or so then covered the roof with the blue plastic film so I could blacken everything out like the trunk,interior floor,etc.....What a huge mistake when I pulled the plastic off there were bubbles all over my slick roof..Made me sick !!!!!! And they are hard to buff out plus it had streaks in it from the plastic and in some parts it stuck. It takes a while for the solvent to escape from the paint if you're not in a temperature controlled room. I guess it has to breathe some also just like us.
Anyway I will never make that mistake again. Glad you brought that up !!!!!! You are certainly correct my friend.... Take Care
Leonard

Chrisf, You are 100% correct about those solvent pop bubbles and that my friend can ruin a perfect paint job....I went thru that when I first painted mine,but I waited a week or so then covered the roof with the blue plastic film so I could blacken everything out like the trunk,interior floor,etc.....What a huge mistake when I pulled the plastic off there were bubbles all over my slick roof..Made me sick !!!!!! And they are hard to buff out plus it had streaks in it from the plastic and in some parts it stuck. It takes a while for the solvent to escape from the paint if you're not in a temperature controlled room. I guess it has to breathe some also just like us.
Anyway I will never make that mistake again. Glad you brought that up !!!!!! You are certainly correct my friend.... Take Care
Leonard

Looks like you have some nice cars I dont live to far from you. Buy the way that cover was just on the convertible top to protect it for a short time while it was being buffed

it is a VERY nice car though!! looks like you know what your doing anyways so hopefully its not going to be a problem.

Looks great, can't wait to see it put back together.

Nice color! Not that I am biased or nothin'..................

Car looks great. Polish all you want, but no wax for 3 months.

Got the 67 vert back and it loooks pretty good. I need to learn how to use this camara.

67 paint 036 (Small).jpg

67 paint 038 (Small).jpg

67 paint 040 (Small).jpg

67 paint 039 (Small).jpg

67 paint 037 (Small).jpg

67 paint 034 (Small).jpg

-
Back