67 cuda and 440 what oil pan???

-

rc14

jr member
Reaction score
OK a friend is going to install a 440 in a 67 cuda for a friend of his, his friend picked up a nice milodin 7 0r 8 qt pan but he don't think it will work i have read that the 187 works good but what would a guy use if he wants 7 or 8 qts. any help here, i will need the same but much later down the road.
Thanks

I'm sure the milodin will fit if its a front/mid sump, i ran one on my 75 Duster with a 451, it was a 7 qt.

Everyone I've talked with says the pan from Milodon does not work. It does not have the notch cut out for the idler arm like the stock pan. They pans everybody looks for are the 187 and 699 pans. They came on big block C bodies.

The pan thats on my 400 looks strikingly like the 189,but I think it lacks the deep steering notch. Could be modded though...

the milodon he has is the mid pan. my friend thinks he is only going to install this engine one time and wants it all right before he does. only if he is lucky right.

Thanks for your help guys.

Everyone I've talked with says the pan from Milodon does not work. It does not have the notch cut out for the idler arm like the stock pan. They pans everybody looks for are the 187 and 699 pans. They came on big block C bodies.

Then your talking too the "wrong" people, heres the pan that fits, its a 7 qt. just like he discibed. I had one on my 75 Duster, & just to clear things up, it also fits ALL B,C & E bodies too. NO NOTCH!!

http://www.jegs.com/i/Milodon/697/30931/10002/-1

Good to know, thats the one I have for my 440 when the 383 gets pulled.

Then your talking too the "wrong" people, heres the pan that fits, its a 7 qt. just like he discibed. I had one on my 75 Duster, & just to clear things up, it also fits ALL B,C & E bodies too. NO NOTCH!!

I have this pan on my 67 cuda, can see it hanging down in the avatar pic, the Kmember was notched out and boxed in already from previous owner.

I have this pan on my 67 cuda, can see it hanging down in the avatar pic, the Kmember was notched out and boxed in already from previous owner.

My K-member was un-touched & no issues, these pans are designed for the stock K-member.

Milodon was my pan of choice but I found a 189 and plan on modding it.

That's entirely possible. All the info I've read about it "not" fitting has been right here on this site. I'm sure you could do a search and see some of the threads and replies. Thanks for clearin that up. I was wonderin why the heck Milodon would make somethin that doesn't fit. Evidently it does. Thanks, Joe.

Sometimes it's just the op who cant get the part into position just gives up and says it dont fit. Sounds like there are plenty of guys for whom th Milodon fits just fine. But it's also a matter of factory build tolerances being very sloppy,makes fitting aftermarket stuff an individual case.

Sometimes it's just the op who cant get the part into position just gives up and says it dont fit. Sounds like there are plenty of guys for whom th Milodon fits just fine. But it's also a matter of factory build tolerances being very sloppy,makes fitting aftermarket stuff an individual case.

Well said :-D

I personally would not run that 7qt deep sump pan on a street car with the roads in the states where I drive , one is asking for it to be ripped open .

milodon pan/low clearance type as other have suggested. I've had mine on for years w/no issues what so ever. Even w/less than good roads!

-
Back