67' Cuda brake adjusters

-

Renegade

Reaction score
Where did you guys get your self brake adjusting hardware from?? I searched everywhere for 67' 10" rear drum brake self adjusting hardware... everything seems to be for 9" brakes..? CSK online has the hardware kit it says for all sizes, but the cable is too short....
Thanks,
Josh

I converted my 67 cuda to self adjusting brakes back in the 80's the first time I rebuilt the car. I just ordered all new cables, springs, levers, adjusters, etc for a 1969 barracuda with 10" drum brakes from my local auto parts store. Not sure where to get this stuff nowadays, but I am sure you can find it if you look around.

Of course the adjuster levers will be different from a 67 to a 68-9. one is for manually adjusted brakes (it acts basically as a ratchet for the manual adjsuter screw) and the later one is for self adjusting brakes (it has to be designed to adjsut the adjuster screws as well as act as a ratchet).

Bob

I converted my 67 cuda to self adjusting brakes back in the 80's the first time I rebuilt the car. I just ordered all new cables, springs, levers, adjusters, etc for a 1969 barracuda with 10" drum brakes from my local auto parts store. Not sure where to get this stuff nowadays, but I am sure you can find it if you look around.

Exactly. Dont mixmatch parts !
Buy complete hardware kits for the conversion.

Alrighty, thanks for all the help. Yeah i finally found all the 67' parts. Now of course a new problem, the pedal is mushy even after bleeding and i just got a new master cylinder a month ago... I love working on brakes!

-
Back