67 cuda convertible questions

-

Berty

Reaction score
Hi all- New to this site.

Neighbor down the street has a '67 cuda convertible for sale. She's owned it since '77. It has Formula S badging, dual exhaust, tach, front disks, etc.

Wanted to see if anyone knows production numbers on this model.

Also, she wants 9k for it. Might be smoking something.

The car was t-boned a long time ago and never repaired. Accident did not break any glass and the door still opens.

Im interested in purchasing it, but wanted to get some opinions first. I would like to bring the car back from the dead.

She also stated the car threw a rod back in the day and the original block was replaced. I tried to spin the crank pulley with no luck. She also said it overheated and maybe has a blown head gasket. One of the plugs on the passenger side shows some evidence of heat damage.

There is also some rust on the passenger rear quarter. Floor pans seem solid.

Let me know some thoughts on this. Worth it? Current value restored? Fair price?

Going to try and attach some pics.

Vin is BH27E72278876

Fender tag reads:

a=6
b=4
j=4
D=9
E=1
F=7
G=0
H=1
M=2
R=1
S=1
T=7
X=1
Y=2

AX=48
TRM= H6T
PNT= ss1
U=Y
Bottom line: BH27 32 5 285 209 25717

I see you're new to the site. Try posting this in the "Convertible Forum", as the car isn't an "early" A body, and it's a convert...might get better response there.

BH27E.....

Having "E" as the 5th digit, the engine should be a 273 Commando...as in 273 V8 with a 4 barrel carb.

A Formula S convertible in decent shape is certainly worth 10K, or well over. But with major body damage and a seized engine, not so much. 2X pics.

neighbor doesn't want to sell it too bad-- from description-- walk/run away-- car needs a lot -- asking price is not even in the ball park ,Lawrence

It's a neat car & would make a nice car to drive but no matter how rare or desire able its all about condition. This car has a lot of needs & to me sounds like a parts car!

I had one ...that owner has had that car a long time and the price shows it ...you need to get it for $7000. and fix it up and have a nice $10,000 cruser if it is a real 67 formula S there will be a notch on the drivers side real valance because that car came from the factory with a high flow single exhaust

it is a 273 formula-s car E in vin and 32 on fender tag = 273 4-bbl commando. 5 auto trans console and buckets. Also F-7 code 367 is formula-s. ax-48 = 3.23 suregrip rear. G-0 is decor package should have woodgrain dash and front door panels. t-7 is the tach. x-1 should be ALL glass tinted.

Looks like a pretty loaded car as far as options go. blocks in 67 weren't "numbers" engines, you could use casting and assembly dates to get it close, if not already.
I think its worth is dependent on what you're capable of doing yourself, as far as repair work.

when looking for rust - look on passenger side mostly, forward of the floor pan inside frame rail as it bends up into the firewall

The engine sounds like it's junk and needs a rebuild at the very least. The body may need some tweaking too and from the description it sounds like it sat for quite some time which means a total restoration. I'd say that car is worth closer to 4k and even at that you'll have more into it than it's worth.

-
Back