67 cuda FB progress UPDATE

Metallic GunMetal Grey with Gloss black stripes or Flat black stripes?

• Total voters
-
He does make a person smile and laugh a whole lot!!!!!
:blob:

That sounds just like what my last few bosses said after I'd asked for a raise.
:wack:

- my ex every time I dropped off a child support payment (except she had an evil laugh)

- my banker when I asked for a loan

- all them traffic judges after hearing my plea of innocence

- Teresa when I want sex

That sounds just like what my last few bosses said after I'd asked for a raise.
:wack:

- my ex every time I dropped off a child support payment (except she had an evil laugh)

- my banker when I asked for a loan

- all them traffic judges after hearing my plea of innocence

- Teresa when I want sex

Oh My!!!

R.O.F.L.M.F.A.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laughing::laughing::laughing::toothy10:
Your to funny..
My wife keeps asking me what I'm laughing about almost every night.
I need a stress relief from all this header build thinking.
Thanks for that....

Definitely would love to see a pictorial on the header build. I think laying a protective cover is a must. You can also get a pic of headers for your car to use as general reference, so your not flying completely blind.

Definitely would love to see a pictorial on the header build. I think laying a protective cover is a must. You can also get a pic of headers for your car to use as general reference, so your not flying completely blind.

If I remember, the next set I build, I will take pics and play by play. :D

If I remember, the next set I build, I will take pics and play by play. :D

That would be great!
My new plan is purchasea set of shorties/block huggers then drop back ten and punt. L.O.L!!
I woosed out on the idea this time around. I found a set that work like I want them To so its a no brainer. They have 3/8Th flanges.

That would be great!
My new plan is purchasea set of shorties/block huggers then drop back ten and punt. L.O.L!!
I woosed out on the idea this time around. I found a set that work like I want them To so its a no brainer. They have 3/8Th flanges.

You want headers with AT LEAST 3/8" flanges. Keeps them from warping. Another tip is to NOT USE any type of soft gasket. They will warp!!! On the head you have to use some type of metal gasket that doesn't crush. If the gasket crushes, it will warp the flange. Most cases I use either MLS stainless steel, if available, or a thin film of high temp red RTV. This only works with 3/8" or thicker flanges tho. Anything thinner is a POS header.
Some header manufacturers weld a bead and then machine it flat to get a "seal surface" for the gasket. That just prolongs the inevitable. It will warp from the continuous heating and cooling cycle. If the flange is thick enough, it won't warp. Look at some of the 1/2" cast iron stockers, they came from the factory without gaskets..........

You want headers with AT LEAST 3/8" flanges. Keeps them from warping. Another tip is to NOT USE any type of soft gasket. They will warp!!! On the head you have to use some type of metal gasket that doesn't crush. If the gasket crushes, it will warp the flange. Most cases I use either MLS stainless steel, if available, or a thin film of high temp red RTV. This only works with 3/8" or thicker flanges tho. Anything thinner is a POS header.
Some header manufacturers weld a bead and then machine it flat to get a "seal surface" for the gasket. That just prolongs the inevitable. It will warp from the continuous heating and cooling cycle. If the flange is thick enough, it won't warp. Look at some of the 1/2" cast iron stockers, they came from the factory without gaskets..........

I remembered you talking about flange warpage earlier and I could only find 3/8 inch at the most. I found the thinner 1/4 inch all day long but knew they were junk.
The output flange is also 3/8 in thick on the ones I am getting. I know that it's not as big of a deal at that end but it does help.
I got them from Stans Hedders in Auburn Wa, Custom made for $800.00
The tubes are 14 gauge steel.

It wasn't a real good day.
I loaded up my 3/4 ton Ram with all the necessary tools needed for a couple of side job construction type jobs to add to the Barracuda fund and about thirty miles into a two hour drive, my windshield fogged up real quickly and before I knew what happened it was impossible to see out of. So guess what I get to do?

Attachments

• temp pictures 1028.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 238
You guessed it.
I get the fun job of dropping my steering column and removing my dash!
To add insult to injury, my dash has the same problem that most dodge ram owners have.
CRACKED DASH SYNDROME.......
Guess all the money I made for the Barracuda this weekend goes to the 3/4 ton Diesel.
New LMC dash and heater core. Re-charge the A/C because that has to be disconnected and who know what else as the fix progresses.
I think Sweaty Betty is jealous of the 67 getting all the attention and decided to have a fit and let me know about it.
My kids always call her Sweaty Betty because she always worked hard for me when I used to build custom homes. Now shes in a semi-retirement and I don't really ask much of her but when I do, she is usually up for the challenge. Oh well, not like I have anything better to do.
Oh ya, I do. It's called get the 67 on the road. I just know Betty is in the middle of a jealous rage and this won't be the last of her arguments. The book says it's a 8.7 hour job from start to finish. Any bets on the over under? I'll bet it's more like a week of headaches that turn into lots of unforseen new parts and money spent.
Dang female truck!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:
:axe:

Attachments

• temp pictures 1025.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 216
  • temp pictures 1026.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 208
  • temp pictures 1027.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 216
It really irks me the way that some of these late model vehicles go to pot so soon. With all the advancements they've made with plastics you'd think you'd get at least double the life out of them.

I don't know how bad a heater core swap is on your Ram but if it's anything like my Ford is supposed to be you have my sympathies.

It really irks me the way that some of these late model vehicles go to pot so soon. With all the advancements they've made with plastics you'd think you'd get at least double the life out of them.

I don't know how bad a heater core swap is on your Ram but if it's anything like my Ford is supposed to be you have my sympathies.

From everyone i've spoken to that have experience in replacing them on the same model truck, it will be a pain in the keister. I won't take the short cut routes because it will bite me in the ars later down the road.
The core is cheap but the dash is $300.00 and some change with shipping.
(Sorry too my 67 Barracuda, this has to get done first):violent1:

Looks just like the dash on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500.

LMC truck has a replacement for the dash issue but it costs a little bit.
They are the only ones that I could find that has an updated replacement.
We will see. I have to first get it ordered.

I had to bypass the heater core temporarily. so I could get back down the road and do the jobs that I promised to get done. It was a bit cold but much better than breathing in antifreeze steam or driving off the freeway because I couldn't see. I always have tools with me just in case. What I can't believe is that I actually had a barbed strait fitting that worked to pare the two hoses together.
Sweaty betty hasn't ever left me stranded but not for a lack of her trying. I usually have a tool bag in every vehicle just for this reason. I'm such a good boy scout. :glasses7:

I had to bypass the heater core temporarily. so I could get back down the road and do the jobs that I promised to get done. It was a bit cold but much better than breathing in antifreeze steam or driving off the freeway because I couldn't see. I always have tools with me just in case. What I can't believe is that I actually had a barbed strait fitting that worked to pare the two hoses together.
Sweaty betty hasn't ever left me stranded but not for a lack of her trying. I usually have a tool bag in every vehicle just for this reason. I'm such a good boy scout. :glasses7:

I bypassed my heater hoses on the Ford a year ago. I didn't want to spend the time to remove the dash, air bags, etc... It's been a chilly ride some times but I regret not doing the work when those windows fog.

Here are a few pictures of the back window and side interior trim panels.
They are just loose fitted so no comments of fitment.
The cell phone camera does't do them justice. They are actually very shiney and look awesome in person.

You do know the interior wheel well covers go on before this trim right!

Gorgeous transformation!! You know, it's great to see so many of these cars today that actually look better than they did when they were new!

:notworth: :notworth:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

-
Back