67 Cuda Headliner Trim Removal

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Is there a trick to gettin' these steel trim pieces down ?

On most A's, they come off pretty easily.......On this 67 Cuda Notch, it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get it to come out.......

I noticed that they have a "lip" full length, that is tucked UNDER the stainless trim on the body above the window.......When I attempt to pull the trim piece out, I must pull down and IN at the same time to even BEGIN to get it to budge......I'm afraid that something is gonna break or bend.......

I need some expert advice on this one........I need to paint this trim and the pillar trim too......I HATE to do it on the car.........If someone can chime in with a trick or two, PLEASE do............. :clock:

Sometimes they glue the roofrail trim piece during installation which makes it a beeatch and with years of age, the roofrail trim rubber backing congeals to the metal.

I removed my roofrail trim first.

Is there a trick to gettin' these steel trim pieces down ?

On most A's, they come off pretty easily.......On this 67 Cuda Notch, it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get it to come out.......

I noticed that they have a "lip" full length, that is tucked UNDER the stainless trim on the body above the window.......When I attempt to pull the trim piece out, I must pull down and IN at the same time to even BEGIN to get it to budge......I'm afraid that something is gonna break or bend.......

I need some expert advice on this one........I need to paint this trim and the pillar trim too......I HATE to do it on the car.........If someone can chime in with a trick or two, PLEASE do............. :clock:
I have the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to remove the trim without damaging it? thanks! Kim

-
Back