67 cuda upgrade... what do you guys suggest?

-

19dart71

Reaction score
Last weekend I purchased a 67 Cuda (for wifey) with a /6 and 3 on the tree. My intentions is to fix the body first while she drives the /6. I only bought it with the understanding that I would later find a v8 for it.

What is the easiest conversion to a v8 when moving from a /6 manual 3sp?

Keep in mind I am still new to the game so I need it to not require too many modifications. I am thinking 318 or 360 but what do I do about the transmission issue???

Thanks
19dart71

Let me know if you want a complete 1967 Barracuda small block K member with steering box and brakes for your car. I just took it out of my Barracuda and looking to sell it. I'm also in NC rear Raleigh.

The slant car came with 9X3 drums on the front which really aren't adiquate for the V8.
Neither are the torsion bars or the rear gear ratio.If its her driver and she prefers automatic trans thats the way to go.
To do \6 to V8 right you'll need everything from the radiater cap to the rear end. I dont mean to sound discouraging. I'll help you any way I can.

I'd keep the /6 if it were my wife. They can be the equivalent of gas-sipping 8's.

And I think it's almost a cooler project. Easier to work on, cheaper parts...

I guess that wasn't really your question, but that's a great motor you're **** canning.

Oh yeah and all the chassis upgrades will double the cost of the motor swap.

If everything works as is, do the body work and spend the money on the interior/dynamat.

Maybe a nice sound system so she can listen to NPR or something... right?

Convert to disc brakes, upgrade electrical system, headlight relays, add electronic ignition, small bolt ralleys oh and move shifter to the floor.

Stroke a hemi, carve a cuda body out of an ancient redwood, and dip it in gold as a rust preservative.

I guess it depends on your wife.

I think you better ask your Wife what she wants.

Mine would never be able to drive the three on the tree let alone a floor shift manual.

V-8's scare the crap out of her, and she is petrified to ride in my car......she says it's like riding a fire breathing dragon.
She liked my /6 three on the tree dart swinger special though, but she could not drive it nor would she if given the chance.

I'm trying to talk her into a new panther pink challenger.....she saw a pic and really liked it. LOL.

find a junk v8 body that someone wants hauled off. 73 and up disc brake cars had big bolt pattern wheels. Use the k member, suspension and brakes. with /6 k member, the Shumaucher mounts would be an option.

If you could find a 273 with a 3spd belhousing, it would not be too outrageous to keep the 3 on tree and spindly rear end. I would worry bout thise brakes though. THey are not even sufficient for the slant six. Especially with the wife driving it.

-
Back