'67 Dart Brake Booster?

-

drttrkcwby

Reaction score
What will fit into a '67 Dart Gt for a power brake booster? Right now I have the big k-frame in the car with the big disc brakes and in the rear I am running a narrowed 9 inch that has disc brakes on it as well. What would be the best booster for this set-up and what kind of brkae proportioning valve should I run? Will a simple Wilwood brake bias control work? Thank You!!!

If you find the answer let me know. I had my parts all order by a guy I was seeing (not anymore, hence i need help) and he ordered a 75 valiant power booster, but it won't bolt up even close to the same. It would involve complete firewall modification as well as under the dash for connection to the brake pedal and moving things around for it to fit too! I am trying to find a simple master cylinder that works with disc since i just did the conversion and my old one wouldn't be sufficient plus it was leaking.

If you find the answer let me know. I had my parts all order by a guy I was seeing (not anymore, hence i need help) and he ordered a 75 valiant power booster, but it won't bolt up even close to the same. It would involve complete firewall modification as well as under the dash for connection to the brake pedal and moving things around for it to fit too! I am trying to find a simple master cylinder that works with disc since i just did the conversion and my old one wouldn't be sufficient plus it was leaking.

Did you have a bracket that mounts between the booster and the firewall ?

It is not necessary to use a power booster just because you have converted to disc brakes. You could simply use a master cylinder for a 73 up A body with manual disc brakes (you have installed a proportioning valve in the system, right). The master cylinder should be a direct bolt-in and should use your existing pedal rod.

-
Back