67 Dart convert rear glass

-

WildCat

Reaction score
there was a question about the correct rear glass for a 67 to 69 Dart convertible with a glass back window.

I took some of mine today with the logo stamped glass that was in my car when I bought it.

I had a new top put on and they used the wrong glass. EZ Top made the top and tried to tell me it was right. I had the original out of my car plus a 68 convertible parts car with glass window the same as the one from my car. Once I sent pictures they admitted they didn't have the right pattern so they use a GM glass. It was not even close, concaved, too big and looked like crap.

It should be convexed slightly from side to side and maybe a little top to bottom.

After the top had been on the car for a few months I ended up with a hole in my sail panel. The installer did not install the spring steel wires at the end of the tack bow, said it pushed out on the top and you could see it. I have had a friend that was engineer at Chrysler and also a 67 Dart owner check and he could not find anything on the wires on the tack bow. I have seen these on several other Dart convertibles so I think must have been a warranty issue and a TSB was done to correct the problem.

here are the pictures of my glass and they wires

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

I'd love to have a ffactory glass for the back of mine. My top has a plastic rear curtain / backlite, whatever you can call it other than glass.

I'd love to have a ffactory glass for the back of mine. My top has a plastic rear curtain / backlite, whatever you can call it other than glass.

Had EZ TOP made a template of my glass when they had it would have made getting a glass rear curtain easier.

My glass has the factory Chrysler logo so I'm guessing it is the glass that can with the car.

-
Back