67 Dart Convertible front window trim

-
Plastic on 67. It is a plastic strip with a chrome look. I found a source for them but will have to find it again.

I have been told you can use the 68 window rubber with the 68 molding on the 67 but I can not say for sure.

I thought 68 up use a different trim that is metal and attaches differently

If you look on here you will find a few threads where the stainless has been used on the convertible. Usually by using the coupe windshield gasket and adding the clips. Some have used a dowel in the slit to act as the lock and siliconed the stainless on top.

Laysons also sells it they are a vendor here.
Rick will take care of you.
@Rick@Laysons
I will eventually replace the original front windshield because it has lots and lots of time spider web type scratches on the outside of it, and some on the inside. I really do not notice these scratches in daylight but it is really noticeable (bad) when driving at night with oncoming headlights. Since the bottom strip is plastic would it best to wait until I replace the windshield to put in the plastic trim strip. I would think that with it being plastic that it might break when replacing a windshield, but not sure.

I would wait until the windshield change to install new lockstrip. BUT that lockstrip acts as your sealer and helps to keep moisture from getting in.
Replacing glass/trim/gaskets can "domino".
Don't ever just toss an old gasket repops are not always the best solution.
Good luck
I will eventually replace the original front windshield because it has lots and lots of time spider web type scratches on the outside of it, and some on the inside. I really do not notice these scratches in daylight but it is really noticeable (bad) when driving at night with oncoming headlights. Since the bottom strip is plastic would it best to wait until I replace the windshield to put in the plastic trim strip. I would think that with it being plastic that it might break when replacing a windshield, but not sure.

-
Back