67 dart fan ??

-

titanium

Reaction score
Just finishing up my 273 to 340 swap. Last thing I need to deal with is the fan shroud and fan. It still has the stock 4 blade fan and no shroud. I see they don't list a shroud for a 67 dart so what shroud would work? A 325 or a 614? Read a lot of the aftermarket ones have had problems. Anyone better then the other? And where to buy? Also looking at the mopar Viscous fan kit.(part number 4120758). Will this work with the stock radiator? Thanks any help would be great!!

Weird, dads 67 cuda"S" has a shroud...Im going over today and can see if I can find a number off it for you. I would think dart n cuda would be the same?? His is a 273 car

The numbers are placed on a lower inside corner Steve. You would need to remove the shoud to read it. Referencing the bolt hole spacing on the radiator might be a better approach but... The slant 6 shroud will have the same bolt hole measurements and its opening offset left to right exactly opposite the V8 shroud. In some case the slant 6 shroud will work with a V8 when installed upside down. Again the bolt hole spacing comes into play.

Thanks Ben, I forgot bout where the #'s were on them.

No prob. If you were willing to pull the shroud, I would be very interested in learning what number it has.
I know there are 2 different top tanks on these radiators, most typical bing 38038, its round and level across the top. The other top tank is also round but has a stepped left to right top heigth. Which shroud goes with the stepped tank radiator is the question, XXX614 or XXX325. Form what I've seen over the years XXX325 and the stepped tank belong together but completely interchangable.

This may or may not help but I brought it over from another thread.

Everyone I'll try to answer the questions about the 2785312 and the 2785614 shroud. I'm not willing to bet my life on the answers but I'll give it a shot. Obviously the 614 shroud came on 340 383 and 440 cars and possibly the 318 shroud not sure about that. The 312 shroud I believe was found on 273 AC cars and 383 cars in 67. The 614 shroud will work on the 67 cars but it is a real tight fit for the upper radiator hose. The 312 shroud repositions the area for the upper radiator hose for more clearance with the 67 radiator. It looks like the upper connection is slightly to one side on the 312 shroud vs. the 614. Hope this helps.

Carl

This may or may not help but I brought it over from another thread.

So now we have 614 325 and 312 , feckin part numbers.
I see the same thing in rally gauges from 67 to 72. Lots of part number differences that really dont mean squat in the fit, finish, function, of the part.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!n4E8VcTI+5kBPW6GsJngg~~60_3.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 175
  • $(KGrHqF,!rYE88g6V!BoBPW6HJ24f!~~60_3.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 191
So now we have 614 325 and 312 , feckin part numbers.
I see the same thing in rally gauges from 67 to 72. Lots of part number differences that really dont mean squat in the fit, finish, function, of the part.

I run in to that all the time. There is like 6 part numbers for the AC control switch on the AC cars but the switch looks, appears and functions the same. Got to love MaMopar.

eBay recent auction.

"22 inch fan shroud, fits 1967 A body dart or barracuda , 273 or 383 according to galins book , part number 2785312 , it is in good shape other than a ware mark on it and the plastic is a little faded. check out my other auctions ."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-cuda-d...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The little angled area pictured at lower left is clearance for the ends of a OEM hose clamp. It would be at lower right when installed of course.
See the offset in the round center opening is only left to right. There isn't an offset in that opening top to bottom. So a slant 6 shroud installed upside down correct the offset and throws that little angled spot to the top. OEM clamp with its limbs rotated down or a gear screw clamp and you're golden.

So would the 2785312 shroud be the right one for a 273 car? Mine is just a dart 270 model with a 2 bbl. 273. And if it is where would find one or would one of the aftermarket ones work? Thanks

-
Back