***67 Dart Front/Rear Window HELP!!***

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
How in the Heck does the windshield come out??
Where the heck do you get the new chrome locking trim for the windshield??

How in the Heck do you take the trim off the back window rubber without screwing it up. It is Perfect and I don't want to RUIN IT!

There is a tool for removing window trim........

That's what I figured...........

I have located all the parts and pieces to convert my 67 front windshield gasket, clips and Stainless trim to the 1968 Dart's version!

This is a WAY easier way to do this with the end result matching the Rear Window trim of the 67 Dart...........Mother Mopar should have done it this way from the get go~

This thread is Cancelled!!!!

i guess you figured it out already but its a one piece lock strip inserted in the gasket, not trim. it would probably be very hard to remove without damage which is why many members prefer to install clips and use the later 68 up trim and gasket which is much easier to find.
67 valiants and darts have some freaky one year only stuff, this is one of them.

67 Barracuda also has the same. converted mine to 68-69.still looking for front stainless. Might have rear if it can be repaired.

i guess you figured it out already but its a one piece lock strip inserted in the gasket, not trim. it would probably be very hard to remove without damage which is why many members prefer to install clips and use the later 68 up trim and gasket which is much easier to find.
67 valiants and darts have some freaky one year only stuff, this is one of them.

Yes I figured it out!

To get the small pieces of trim off a 67, Pull the lock strip out of the gasket first. Then the gasket should compress some and lift away from the glass, and out from under those little pieces.

-
Back