67 Dart front suspension/steering parts

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hello again everyone...........Yah! its the newbie again. I was hoping to get your opinion on what is a good all around manufacturer/ supplier for front end parts.....IE: ball joints, bushings, tie rod ends......Im in Canada and im having a bit of a hard time trying to get someone to give me prices and availability.I see Ebay has some but unsure. Your thoughts and comments are appreciated in any shape or form ..Thanks.:read2:

Moog is the generally accepted standard. Ditto for Rockauto. Never dealt with them personally, but any feedback I read is usually excellent. I'm not sure if you're new to the hobby period, but be sure any company you deal with in the US will ship to you via US Post. UPS will rape you when it comes to brokerage fees. Ask me how I know!

PS: Jim's Auto Parts is one you will DEFINATELY need to stay away from. I was lucky enough to learn that lesson, before I could make the mistake myself.

Thanks alot..............Moog i understand is good. Thanks for the Rockauto too. I will definately stay away from Jims.........Thanks for the help.

Call down to Mary @ Car Quest or Gary or Alex in Belleville they sell Moog and have good prices and always willing to help.Also Rob in the machine shop can press you lower control arm bushing in that cost me 50 bucks and he presses them in the right distance.

I just don't know anymore. There's been some discussion over at Moparts that Moog parts of late (bushings) have been poor quality, coming from India. Believe it or not, some of 'em over there were talking up Mexican made parts

Also, you might plan ahead before you dump a bunch of money into a 67 front end. If it needs work, NOW would be an excellent time to also consider if you want to upgrade to disc brakes and large bolt pattern wheels.

:cheers:I have the discs on the front......Came on car and i have the larger bolt pattern front and back..............Is this good??????????????

:cheers:I have the discs on the front......Came on car and i have the larger bolt pattern front and back..............Is this good??????????????

YES ......but....... depending on how that was put together, you may NOT be looking for "67" front end parts. Fer' xample, I just junked out a 73 Duster---which uses different upper A arms and ball joints, and this spring, all that "stuff" is going in my '67

So I guess what you need to do is figure out how yours was converted---was it an aftermarket conversion that uses stock '67 front end parts, or like mine, someone swapped 73 parts in there?

Thanksss for asking Cindy is doing great.You lucky dog thats what all us small bolt guys would like .its very Good.:cheers:

:read2:Well being green........I was told i have the big bolt pattern...IE over 5 inches?????????im talking bolt pattern ...My wife wishes...well thats another story.....LOL.......My front end has been converted over and yes im sure its 70s parts on it.........What to do.I have a thread in upper ball joint....1 7/8 square with rounded corners ..lower control arm 1 bushing...In and out tie rods are not long and with the adjuster its like it covered all the threads on both.............What to do. 67 didnt have disc brakes.........Correct?

I just got in my front end kit today for my 66 dart, and I went with the PST OEM SUPER kit, and it looks to be a good kit, and I have heard many good reviews. Comes with everything, ball joints bushings tie rods etc.. $379.00 shipped. P-S-T.com

I just got in my front end kit today for my 66 dart, and I went with the PST OEM SUPER kit, and it looks to be a good kit, and I have heard many good reviews. Comes with everything, ball joints bushings tie rods etc.. $379.00 shipped. P-S-T.com
Thanks alot for the info...........Will have to look into that:cheers:

-
Back