-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Contact seller
Well i got my tank checked out and its shot. Im in need of a Gas tank and sending unit for my 67 Dart. Hoping i may find a good useable one here and hopefully save some $$ too. Anyone with a good usable system please let me know. As some know i have the Dart fired but now need this to run it. BTW im in Ontario Canada..Shippingfrom the U.S noit sure on expense. Thanks for any help. Edd

Ed, here are a few ebay links. The 2nd link is from a supplier that uses Canadian made tanks. The last and 3rd link is from the actual mfg in Canada. FYI, if it was me I would be putting new straps and new tank pad on as well.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-67-Dart-Valiant-Barracuda-gas-fuel-tank-CR11B-/360714491280?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1967%7CModel%3ADart&hash=item53fc425590&vxp=mtr#ht_109wt_867"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-67-Dart-Valiant-Barracuda-gas-fuel-tank-CR11B-/360714491280?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1967%7CModel%3ADart&hash=item53fc425590&vxp=mtr#ht_109wt_867[/ame]

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/67-Barracuda...ies&hash=item3a5cbfe386&vxp=mtr#ht_885wt_1091

http://www.spectrapremium.com/products/classic_car_parts.html

Thanks Steve. Been searching alot..shipping is a killer and more money then i have..looks like awhile before i move the Dart out to my buddies for welding:banghead:

I have a 67 tank strap in good used condition PM me if interested

Thanks Steve. Been searching alot..shipping is a killer and more money then i have..looks like awhile before i move the Dart out to my buddies for welding:banghead:

Ed Spectra has 2 locations close to you. Ottawa or Toronto....much easier travelling East then West in this situation. Good luck bud!

Edd you may find that having the SPECTRA Canadian made tanks shipped to you from the US will be cheaper than going through a middle man here in Canada! I just went though this getting a tank for my Charger. After shipping from the US was $310 or so and through a middle man here the best price was over $500! Pissed me off to no end and still does! Shipping was $70 import tax $30 tank $200.

EDIT: For those that dont know, SPECTRA will NOT sell direct to us in Canada... I have asked

Edd you may find that having the SPECTRA Canadian made tanks shipped to you from the US will be cheaper than going through a middle man here in Canada! I just went though this getting a tank for my Charger. After shipping from the US was $310 or so and through a middle man here the best price was over $500! Pissed me off to no end and still does! Shipping was $70 import tax $30 tank $200.

EDIT: For those that dont know, SPECTRA will NOT sell direct to us in Canada... I have asked
:violent1:I just found this out myself..............What the hell. I guess its like the cars/trucks made here..they go to the U.S.A and then we buy them for more......................:protest: I just cant fathum this **** out:banghead:

Business has no conscience.
A month ago some retailers raised prices so they could show a large reduction on Black Friday

the first ebay ad that was posted from Vanautollc 120 shipped for the tank (it comes with a new lock ring and gasket. I have purchased 2 of these from them. I am sure they will combine shipping if you add the sender just ask them they will do it. The factory sending unit is 5/16th.

If budget is in mind skip the new pad and strap you can carefully scrape the old pad off don't just pull it or it will tear. The strap and bolt can be wire wheeled or beaded clean if that matters to you. Do get the rubber filler tube o-ring as they do get brittle, but I have even been able to salvage some of them w/o issue.

On super tight budget -
The sending unit can and checked for resistance be rodded out if it resistance checked out ok. Just add a new sock and lock ring gasket. Still, the sender can be replaced easily in car level with less than 4 gallons of fuel remaining w/o leaking out. The tank if not to far gone can be cleaned of rust at a radiator shop for 30-40ish.

Hope this helps.

the first ebay ad that was posted from Vanautollc 120 shipped for the tank (it comes with a new lock ring and gasket. I have purchased 2 of these from them. I am sure they will combine shipping if you add the sender just ask them they will do it. The factory sending unit is 5/16th.

If budget is in mind skip the new pad and strap you can carefully scrape the old pad off don't just pull it or it will tear. The strap and bolt can be wire wheeled or beaded clean if that matters to you. Do get the rubber filler tube o-ring as they do get brittle, but I have even been able to salvage some of them w/o issue.

On super tight budget -
The sending unit can and checked for resistance be rodded out if it resistance checked out ok. Just add a new sock and lock ring gasket. Still, the sender can be replaced easily in car level with less than 4 gallons of fuel remaining w/o leaking out. The tank if not to far gone can be cleaned of rust at a radiator shop for 30-40ish.

Hope this helps.
Im actually looking at Ebay. Rock auto is another option. I know with Rock auto there isnt any suprises at the door...ie: extra cash/brokerage fees, Thanks

Edd, I ordered my tank through Amazon.com of all places and communication was good though tracking sucked. They even refunded some of the import fees as they had overstated.

Im actually looking at Ebay. Rock auto is another option. I know with Rock auto there isnt any suprises at the door...ie: extra cash/brokerage fees, Thanks

Ed, I know both of us have dealt with Rock Auto, but with a part as big as a tank, dont take for granted there will be NO fees.

Ed, I know both of us have dealt with Rock Auto, but with a part as big as a tank, dont take for granted there will be NO fees.
Steve, im not thinking of the worst from them...So far so good. There is one on ebay but with this new ****..$119 for the tank plus shipping plus the fee of being outside USA then brokerage fees.....holley crap batman wre does it all end:banghead:

Thanks Jim but i believe its 5/16 not sure if it matters

3/8" will flow more fuel if you plan on more power down the road. Should be easy enough to neck it down to 5/16" with some rubber hose. Either way, it's here if you want it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back