'67 Dart GT - Before & After Progress Pics...

-
I was refering to the stainless wheel opening mouldings that are on the fenders and quarter panels.They go around the wheel opening.You said that you removed them with some of your other chrome.

Hey guys....wheel trim mouldings were junk, they went in the trash. Trust me you wouldnt want them...

Bumperettes are in fair shape. I cant remember if I sold them yet? I'll check when I get home. Again, a good thing about my car is that it came with all it's original body trim/panels etc which made for a solid car but the trim has seen it's day...

If your interested I'll get a pic of them and post it up for you. The rubber has some nicks in it and the chrome is pitted. They are driver quality I'd say at best...

No problem - If I hear of any or run across any I'll give you shout. I'm meeting up with a bunch of Mopar guys on Sat 2/23 for the afternoon just to shoot the breeze so if I can remember I'll ask around...

Do you still have the bumperettes? If so, and they're in good shape, I would be interested in those.

I was going to ask you if the wheel lip moldings were for sale as well, but I think that is what MattsMopars is asking about.

Your car looks perfect to me.
I would do the HEMI hood, in black, with hood pins.

I plan to build the same car as that, only it'll be a 69 Dart with a black vinyl top.
Let me know about the bumperettes! [email protected]

George

George- I do have the bumperettes still and they are in a little better shape than I remember. I'd say "good shape" is accurate. I just sent you an email to the address you provided...

Brian

Lookin' sweet! I look forward to seeing it around town this spring! I'm getting spring fever really bad and can hardly wait to get some serious cruisin' in!

Ron

Brian

Lookin' sweet! I look forward to seeing it around town this spring! I'm getting spring fever really bad and can hardly wait to get some serious cruisin' in!

Ron

Hey Ron - Thanks for the kind words. I know what you mean! I'm ready for spring too! I started up the Dart and let her run a little while I shovled last night. Ha...

I cant wait to see that Black Beast of yours too! That's a nice machine...

nice tough clean look, I like it!! I am going to use some wheels like that on mine.

Copy of bolt togeather for a sudden move.jpg

Thanks for the compliments! Man that's a pretty wild Hemi project you got going there! Cool!

Posted this in the Rims/Tires section too but thought I'd update this thread none the less...

Before: Crappy PepBoy's Futura 235-60-14's all the way around

After: Nice BFG Radial 255-60-15's on 15x8 hybrid SBP rims and 205-70-14's on same stock 14.5.5's

Love the new look. Rims are coming off again now for p-coat body color instead of black and the wheel weights will be moved to the inside!...I'll post a pic when rims and tires are finally "done". Is it ever truely done though...?

IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2283.JPG

IMG_2285.JPG

Well it's done! Steelies are on powdercoated Hemi Orange and tires are mounted. I love the look! It's going to stay this way for awhile!

IMG_2432.JPG

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

Thats the look! I would say thats the best combo on the car yet. Good job. I think the black wheels would have looked better if the car had a black vinyl top. Now lets see what they look like in the middle of a cloud of smoke!!

Thanks guys!

714DartGuy- I agree, I was thinking the same thing. If/when I ever go with a Hemi hood blacked out/vinyl top/tail stripe - then black wheels would like pretty sinister!

-
Back