67 Dart GT finish panel What do you think?

is this a good option to restoring finish panel

• Total voters
-

WildCat

Reaction score
for those with 67 Dart GT finish panels that are less than perfect and wnat to make them look better what do you think of this?

it was smoothed and painted

once I get 4 pieces of trim to go above and below I will get it installed

finish1.JPG

finish2.jpg

I redid one as well on mine (wife actually did most of it). Masked the raised portions with Fineline tape and sprayed Argent wheel paint on the recessed. If the panel has alot of dents and dings - you might consider doing the same but with flat black - that'd hide imperfections (?) The glossier anything is the more the imperfections stand out (duh) ...

100_0735%20%28Small%29.JPG

What colors did you use?

don't know what the colors are. not quite right, silver for the base and a beige on top

we are doing another and by the time I get 4 good pieces ready to go the other one will be done also. at that point we will decide which one we like best

to look more factory a bright silver and slightly darker silvergray and clear with more of a satin finish

I redid one as well on mine (wife actually did most of it). Masked the raised portions with Fineline tape and sprayed Argent wheel paint on the recessed. If the panel has alot of dents and dings - you might consider doing the same but with flat black - that'd hide imperfections (?) The glossier anything is the more the imperfections stand out (duh) ...

RebelDart...nice car!!!...Love the color!!

-
Back