67 Dart GT question?

-

HEMIHUNTER

Reaction score
Hey all, thanks for the great welcome, the MOPAR community is the best!!

Later I'll post pics of our 71 barracudavert. but the more pressing problem ie this 67 DART GT we want... we need help making an offer that isn't insulting and gets us the car...
1967 Dart GT, all #'s matching, 273 HI PO, console auto, drive train all done, new brakes, new head liner, all trimmed in and primed and block sanded twice ready for exterior to be shot, roof and posts painted and new vinyl top installed. paint and clear come with it. car is complete, not missing a badge or anything....

What do we offer him????

Attachments

• 1224101525b.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 1224101525a.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 102
  • 0210111656a.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 0210111658a.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 0210111659b.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 0210111700a.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 1011101818a.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 1011101834a.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 93
That was what we were hoping :icon_smi: my buddy has a paint booth so no cost there, what would it be worth finished.... NOT to flip but I need to present this to the wife as a " we can sell if 1 of the 5 kids needs new teeth" LOL, seriously as a no lose situation

I honestly wouldn't pay more than 5 for it. It's hard to tell the interior condition but from the pics it looks good for a driver, bodywork looks like it still needs work, spot primed, poly filler on lower fender, looks like the rocker needs work too... not sure why they would take the time to do bodywork and leave existing paint... unless they knew the condition of the previous paint job if there was one. Depends on the paint line you use but you will have at least another 1k in paint materials to add to the car... in the finished condition I would say 10k for a good driver but it's pretty darn hard to sell a car right now.

67s did not have numbers to match so you can't tell if it's numbers matching.

If originality is important or you are paying a premium for it, you need to check the casting dated vs the build date.

What is he asking for it?

A few things..."1968FormulaS340" is correct re: matching #'s, but,check the VIN...5th digit should be an "E", if it is a true Commando car...if it's a "D", it's a 2bbl car. The alternator bracket is '65 vintage, so check casting dates on the block to confirm its a '67 motor('65 4bbl intake will have different angled and sized holes compared to '67 intake)...dizzy looks like a single point...4bbl 273's had dual point dizzys...Holley on adapter plate...should be Carter AFB...Drivers'side ex.man isn't '67...no kickdown linkage for the automatic...hope it isn't fried...cheap tin valve covers...Commando engine's have black wrinkle, chrome-finned ones....hmmm. Still lots of work to be done there.

Just pointing out a few things to check...not bustin' balls!

Thank You, This is why I'm here, lol E-Bodies I know, I've wanted a Dart FOREVER so now you guys have to put up with me too

im un offendable!!!!

-
Back