67 Dart Post Project

-
Disc upgrade complete! Wish the rest of the car looked this good.

2011-03-27_15-17-43_243.jpg

2011-03-27_15-16-59_317.jpg

2011-03-27_15-16-40_173.jpg

Hey, nice postcar done the right way!

At first i thought hey, should have around the same power and weight as mine will get - but with the new cam you are little ahead....in fact, i´m building a nearly similar engine, same heads from brian, 10.4 compression etc. but with a XR286HR roller cam......will go into my 68 Valiant 2dr sedan. Would be interesting wich one is faster :iconbigg: If you want to come overseas you´re invited :toothy10:

I attached a foto of mine.

Please let us know what the dyno said, i´m very interested.....greetings to Brian from Bavaria!

Michael

Attachments

• CIMG1522.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 727
Hey, nice postcar done the right way!

Please let us know what the dyno said, i´m very interested.....greetings to Brian from Bavaria!

Michael

Thanks. Your Valiant looks great. It will be a while before I can afford the $500 to get the engine tuned by Brain but I will definitely have a video and the numbers posted.

and another nice price brother came on .

Spill the beans !

Honi soit qui mal y pense. :)))))

A Lot of time and searching goes into finding cheap parts. Sometimes I think about just paying more and saving a bunch of my time.

Looks like its going to be a nice car when its done. Just finishing up mine just waiting for it to stop snowing so i can actually enjoy it.

Its a 2.76 open in a 741 case. I'm just gonna keep it incase I need a set of highway gears for a long cruise. I have a sure grip with 3.55 in a 489 case that a friend sold me for $150!!

Its a 2.76 open in a 741 case. I'm just gonna keep it incase I need a set of highway gears for a long cruise. I have a sure grip with 3.55 in a 489 case that a friend sold me for $150!!

I have 3.91's in a Nodular 489 case for my build. The tires are 28" Tall. I think they will be a too low for the Turbo's. Going to swap them out for something like 3.0's if I can find a set close to that. 3.0's ish and probably a Spool. It has a brand new Sure grip in it also. This is what happens when my Dumb azzz does not stick to the original plan.

Well... I took a closer look at the rear end today and for some reason it has one green bearing and one standard. They're both in good shape so I guess I'll just buy one more green bearing.

Well... I did some research on my recently acquired 8 3/4 and found out the brakes it came with won't work. Apparently you can't use the 11" x 2.5" brakes if you're using original A body axles that have been redrilled to the BBP. I found this info on bigblockdart.com. Anyone wanna trade my complete brake setup for a 10" A body rear drum setup? I'll get some pictures up of them tomorrow. They look like they would just need a good cleaning and them be ready to bolt on. I'm starting to realize why the seller had it disassembled.....

Actually... I have access to an entire machine shop. An adapter will be easy to make. Just need a .250" spacer to add the required drum to backing plate clearance. I'll put a boss on it to make sure the drum is centered and machine the backside of the adapter to fit the smaller boss found on the end of the stock axles.... Perfect! Pics to follow whenever I get ambitious enough to make these.

Getting ready to install the 8 3/4 and relocate the springs. Pressed some new green bearings on the axles and removed the spring perches. Removed the old 7 1/4 today. The entire rear half of the car car is super solid. Behind the gas tank it almost looks new.

2011-04-29_19-29-52_856.jpg

2011-04-29_19-26-16_769.jpg

2011-04-29_19-26-44_601.jpg

2011-04-29_19-27-10_756.jpg

2011-04-29_19-26-59_848.jpg

Got the new spring mounts welded in tonight. Wasn't nearly as difficult as I was expecting. Gonna work on the shackle mounts tomorrow and hopefully get the spring perches welding to the 8 3/4 housing so it can go to the powder coater.

2011-05-02_20-36-04_528.jpg

Finished up the rear spring hangers tonight. Just need to put in the new bushings and weld the spring perches on the axle. I used the RMS frame boxes up front and currently have the springs set at stock height with the axle moved 1.5" back. This is the position I plan on running but it's nice to know there are 3 other options.

2011-05-03_20-58-17_897.jpg

Put new bushings on the leaf springs and bolted in the 8 3/4 housing. Tack welded the spring perches after making a bunch of measurements to ensure everything was in alignment. I'll disassemble it tomorrow and finish welding everything. Then off to the powder coater.

2011-05-04_21-09-40_139.jpg

2011-05-04_21-10-27_303.jpg

Are you using a mig or a tig welder? Mig -- especially without a gas setup -- can introduce a lot of air which heats up during the powder cure and can blow out through the powder. The results can be felt to the touch and up close look like a bunch of little teeny volcanoes. When you drop it off, make sure you ask them to thoroughly outgas it. If they don't know what you're talking about, please take it somewhere else.

-
Back