67 Dart Post Project

-

Loosenutz

Big Member
Reaction score
I had been browsing Craigslist looking for a project for quite a while when I stumbled across this 67 dart. It was towed by a local wreaking company and the owner never claimed it. $1300 seemed like a fair price for a solid all original car with a 225 and automatic. The wrecking company knew little about the car and whether or not it could be driven. Much to my surprise the car ran great and I had no problem driving it home. The exterior looks a little strange because someone spray painted it blue at some point. My restoration will start with the floor pans. The car is extremely solid except for the floor pans. Eventually I plan to covert it to a V8 4spd car.

662a0c8b.jpg

24bc836c.jpg

681bec6f.jpg

Ordered a set of left and right floor pans from AMD. Today I cut out the drivers side and was thrilled to see how solid everything is under the rotten floor. Hope to get the new pans welded in later this week.

f4c521fa.jpg

299342be.jpg

95f0241e.jpg

Welcome. Nice find and good to see that you are saving one from the crusher. I would like to have it. Hope there isn't a lien on the title.

No lien. I've already received my clear California title. I was a little worried about buying it under those circumstances but everything turned out great.

Thanks Mad Dart. I think a 360 is exactly what the doctor ordered! I'll definitely contact you when I get to that stage of the build. I've got 15 years of experience with cars but I'm a newbie to the muscle mopar scene so I'll be looking for help.

Thanks Mad Dart. I think a 360 is exactly what the doctor ordered! I'll definitely contact you when I get to that stage of the build. I've got 15 years of experience with cars but I'm a newbie to the muscle mopar scene so I'll be looking for help.

No problem let me know!

Welcome! Can't believe i missed that one, good find!

It was on Craigslist for less than 24hours. Knew it wouldn't last long so I went to get it ASAP. The guy at the wrecking company said he got lots of calls about it but I was the first to come see it.

Finished welding in the new floor pans today. Just needs some primer and seam sealer to be completed. Going to start work on the body next.

a4432a64.jpg

9239b7d0.jpg

I am glad to see someone else working on a post car. As you can see that is what I have. Keep up the good work. By the way what ever you do do not remove the weatherstripping from the quarter windows. They are no longer available threw anyone. So if they are a little brittle but they are in place and the windows close into them let it be. Believe me I searched for four years for them and nothing. In my case I had parts missing out of them and had to do a small retrofit with the ones from a 92 Jeep Cherokee.I basically removed the front ones and cut them to fit.

Nice work, Loosenutz! And thanks for saving another sweet A-body.
Here's a pic of our club's (Inland Mopars) very first charity raffle project car we built in 2007, a '67 Dart post.

2007CharityCar.jpg

Started repairing the rear quarters today. Going to try and fabricate the patch panels myself. The drivers side is shown below but the passengers looks exactly the same. Looks as though there will be plenty of solid metal to weld to. If it doesn't turn out alright then I'll buy the patch panels that are available.

BEFORE
a17c0232.jpg

PAINT REMOVED
938f10c5.jpg

BAD METAL REMOVED
9e460425.jpg

Nice little find and great that your not dilly-dallying with it.LOL.Sounds like Louis is gonna help you real quick with some needed parts.Way to go Louis!!Oh yeah,I,m partial to post cars also!:cheers:Keep up the great work.8)

You're doing a great job! I like how you're going about things! Keep up the good work. Gonna be a great ride when you're finished.

You're doing a great job! I like how you're going about things! Keep up the good work. Gonna be a great ride when you're finished.

Thanks. I'm forcing myself to do the less fun stuff first. I would love to skip right to the drivetrain but then the body would never get done.

man oh man looking good keep it up put a spoiler on that deck lid makes it look alot less XL

Thanks. I'm forcing myself to do the less fun stuff first. I would love to skip right to the drivetrain but then the body would never get done.

That's a good plan. It's tempting to stick the motor in but I'm doing like you and waiting till I get the paint like I want then starts the rewiring. Good job on the floor pans and patches on the lower quarters.

Finished striping the drivers side quarter last night. Apparently the car was in an accident of some sort years ago. The area behind the door has some exstensive repair work done to it. Nothing a little time and filler can't fix. Plan to have both rear quarters stripped, patched, and primered by the end of the holiday weekend. Luckily I found an experienced body man to help get everything nice and straight.

654c650e.jpg

1f7b782a.jpg

166d811b.jpg

Patching some more rusted areas..... Here you can see where the quarter was welded back together after a previous accident.

**Update... Ordered a new panel to replace the damaged area shown in this pic.

ca1163d3.jpg

No kidding man, sweet find!!!
Awesome project you've got going on!!
You're gonna need to do quite some homework and find people you trust to help you and where to get quality parts but cheap since you'll need quite a few....

I'll share this with you since it's been my go-to reference over the past 4 years - hope it'll help you!!
http://www.classicdiscountparts.com/servlet/the-A--fdsh--B--fdsh--E-dsh-Body/Categories

Good luck buddy!!

-
Back