67 Dart project in Fenton, MO

-

sledger46

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently stumbled across your site while searching for information on the 67 Dart I recently acquired. I lucked into a rust free body and a car that was being converted from a slant 6 to a V8. It was in the process of being repainted, when the previous owner decided to sell the car. I towed the car home and began working on getting the car road worthy. Once it can safely move under it's own power, I will then focus on getting the body ready for paint.

http://picasaweb.google.com/101922959863945178385/Dart?feat=directlink

Welcome Sledger, Looking forward to the restore thread

I have been getting a weird PHP error when I try to post, but yet the post does show up a day later. Very strange.....

Welcome to FABO, sledger46. You're going to have fun here!
Nice solid start to your project. What's the build plan?

Welcome to FABO, sledger46. You're going to have fun here!
Nice solid start to your project. What's the build plan?

I have a thing about being able to drive my projects. If it doesn't drive it is just lawn art. The Dart already had the /6 pulled and a V8/904 combo put in its place. The V8 had an Edelbrock 600 CFM carb on it when I got it. The car would idle (1500-2000rpms), but as soon as you dropped it into gear it would bark the tires and die. I did manage to get it onto the dolly to tow it home. The accelerator pump was shot in the Edelbrock carb, so you had to hold the choke closed in order for the car to pull enough gas to start. When I got the car home, my wife didn't feel comfortable behind the wheel, so she was the one reaching under the hood to close the choke while I cranked the starter. The car would eventually start, lunge 5 ft when I dropped it into gear and die. We got to repeat this procedure about 10 times trying to get the car into the garage.

The first job was to get the car so it could start and move under it's own power. The second job is to get the car to pass an inspection so I can put plates on it. The biggest hangup is going to be the exhaust. It currently has stock manifolds with glasspacks and duals that dump out in front of the rear tires. The third job will be to make it reliable. The 7 1/4 rear end already has me worried. I will look for an 8 3/4 to replace it.

The overall goal is to create a car that looks factory and runs strong.

The overall goal is to create a car that looks factory and runs strong
Sounds like a plan to me, Its good to have you on board with us sledger46
We have a few great members in the Mid south and it's great to have another, I think a get together some where in the near future , Did you go to Monster Mopar This year?

Hey sledge. I'll make you a heck of a deal on the exhaust I pulled out of my cuda. I have had it sitting up in the garage attic since I pulled the car apart. Manifolds to tips with turbo mufflers on it. The fun will be getting it in as it is all one piece.

-
Back