67 Dart Rear Window and Trim

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
Does anyone have some good closeup pictures of a 67 Dart rear window and trim? I'm not really sure how all the trim is held in. The top and sides where installed when I bought the car, but the bottom section wasn't. I pulled part of one of the sides and saw that they were held on by trim clips, but I don't see any clips to hold the bottom trim in. I need to replace the gasket as it seems to be leaking pretty badly, but I'd like to know if I need to do any extra work like putting in trim clips while I have the windows out.

the 67s didn't come with clips they used a one year only expansion bead.
my guess is that the window has been out at some point and the gasket replaced with a newer style that uses clips. sounds like they missed the bottom.

They did the goofy lockstrip thing on the back window too? I know that the windshield did it, but I didn't think the back window did from the few pictures I've seen. I can't tell i the clips are welded in or screwed in at this point. I would still appreciate some pictures if someone can get them.

Does anyone have some good closeup pictures of a 67 Dart rear window and trim? I'm not really sure how all the trim is held in. The top and sides where installed when I bought the car, but the bottom section wasn't. I pulled part of one of the sides and saw that they were held on by trim clips, but I don't see any clips to hold the bottom trim in. I need to replace the gasket as it seems to be leaking pretty badly, but I'd like to know if I need to do any extra work like putting in trim clips while I have the windows out.

ON THE BACK GLASS;

The trim is held on with trim clips. The bottom ones rust out first due to water and crap resting there. After pulling glass clean fence and inspect real good. May need to do some body work around the fence where the gasket meets the body.

Good Luck!:read2:

Yeah, I figured as much ><. I don't particularly want to attempt to pull the glass myself, but I'd rather do the fix work myself and try to save some money if possible. How bad of a job is it to pull the rear window?

the clips are screwed in from the factory. my 67 valiant has expansion gasket front AND rear, pretty sure the dart is the same. on mine, i took the rear gasket and trim from a newer valiant, installed the glass and just used black silicone to install the trim. works fine without the clips as long as the trim fits good. i've been running my car like that for years with no problems.

I sort of wondered if that is how the previous owners put the trim in. It seems like there is a lot more sealant than needed in the channels. I was debating just trying to dig out what I could and reseal it. The gasket really doesn't look likes it's in bad shape, but I guess I won't really know till I start cleaning it out. I'm not sure if the bottom trim piece I have is really correct or not. The curve seems just a little off, but it may be bent or tweaked or something.

-
Back