67 Dart Resto w/5.7 hemi

-

67limecrazy

Reaction score
Well Guys it has been a while now that I started this project and it has come to a point were I will share some pictures with you.
I will start with the begining when I first brought the car. I shall keep posting till the car is fully running.
etc010.jpg

DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0241.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0245.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0275-1.jpg

DSCN0276-1.jpg

DSCN0277.jpg

DSCN0278.jpg

DSCN0279.jpg

DSCN0280.jpg

DSCN0281.jpg

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0255.jpg

090.jpg

Hope you guys are enjoying.

That is a very cool project and it looks super solid! I really like the color and the metallic in the green really makes it pop! Keep the progress picts coming!

Joe

:toothy10:Old Rear Out. Gone with the Wind.
056.jpg

New one in with Posi Auburn
016.jpg

Managed to get these rims in off of a ford and they seem to fit just right. I will cut the lip ans use a 3mm spacer and it should work out prety good.
018-1.jpg

I also installed Fiberglass Hood with the pins.
036.jpg

041.jpg

Motor Going innnnnn...........
014-Copy.jpg

The best is yet to come..................

Not much space on the passenger side.
015-Copy.jpg

Well it is inn. Now comes the good part. All the rest of the mess on wiring.
016-Copy.jpg

By the way this is how it looks with the rims.
017-Copy.jpg

Looks sweet!

BTW, please excuse my ignorance, is that a car or truck hemi?
Well It started out this way. The Block comes from a Police car that was overheating and I got Dibs on it. Then I bought a Donor truck and used the accesories out of it including the computer and wiring harness.
076.jpg

Check these out!!!
016-Copy.jpg

009-Copy.jpg

006.jpg

007-Copy.jpg

Almost to the point of getting this Baby running. Just waiting on a few parts to come in and then see if we get it to roar the way it should.\\:D/

f-ing sweat car, i love the post way better. are you running a v8 k-member or slant 6?
most important question to me---->. what size tire and wheel are the back ones? stock leaf hangers i assume by the looks?

f-ing sweat car, i love the post way better. are you running a v8 k-member or slant 6?
most important question to me---->. what size tire and wheel are the back ones? stock leaf hangers i assume by the looks?
I am running a V-6 K-Member and as far as the springs they are stock and location the same. I am running 275/70/15's in the back. To get the right look I had to trim the fenders so I can fit a 3mm spacer without having to mini tub the same. Turned out the way I wanted it.

I am positive that your pictures here are not doing the paintwork justice. How about another close-up shot for us to see, and tell us what you did for paint.

Please.

I am positive that your pictures here are not doing the paintwork justice. How about another close-up shot for us to see, and tell us what you did for paint.

Please.
The paint that was used was PPG the new Charger Lime Green, However I wanted to add something different therefore some green pearl was added to the clear coat. The stripes and the hood are flat black and painted not Vinyl. As Far as a good picture for some reason everytime I take the car Outside it has been overcast. Let me see if this weekend I can take it out and See if I get some justice. Also to mention it has not been wet sanded yet. So when that is done you well know that the paint will stand out a hole lot more. What are you considering for yours? I know it is hard to decide but I know that you will come up with something nice. You seem to have the right taste for it.

Very nice, I am doing the same except using a 2007 Charger 5.7 Hemi. It has not been boring to say the least. Any reason you went with the 8 1/4 instead of the 8 3/4 rearend. What tranny are you using?

First off rear end was a freeby. Second the tranny is the original one from the donor truck 45RFE just added the housing in the rear sold by S&P. Had to fabricate a bracket to make it work but it is up and going. Also the tranny dip stick didnt work so I had to order a LOKAR one for it. I understand you didnt bore it but you could atleast throw in a cam and some heavier springs.
Good Luck.

Well guys this is what it is loking like so far I am trying to keep most of the wiring out of sight. The ones you see on the right will be also concealled.
018-Copy2.jpg

Give me your input!!!!!!!!!

-
Back