67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-
Is it running well? Gotten any good passes since getting the latest issue out of the way?

I finally got to check out your car about a month ago in Independence. You were no where to be found. When I came back you had a crowd!

1688855823876.png

yes we resolved the longest issue ive had with the car. found it was melting cam sensors about every 90 sec of run time. due to turbine heat 3in away from the cam sensor. took the hood off the car, didnt let the turbos get to hot idling. made 4 back to back passes in a row with zero stnc errorz. which is the best its ever lasted. got faster every pass. finishing off with a 6.05 pass@117mph. hitting up tnt tomorrow at us36 to see if we can go 5s the entire day and faster each pass there after.

I finally got to check out your car about a month ago in Independence. You were no where to be found. When I came back you had a crowd!

View attachment 1716112105
dang it, yea lots of people kinda swarmed us. when we got back to the car. we tracked back to vatozone for a bit. some *** tried to place a tiny gps under my fender. so it was tossed out in the street and we left asap. i was lucky another hotrodder caught em and not me. cuz id be awaiting trial bout now.

Glad you stuck with it and nice should see some more great times. You were only a short ways away I'm shocked about the gps tracker, but makes sense to see if they can track to steal car.

Dirty MFr.

I wonder if there are ways to scan a car to see if someone has done something like this.

Congrats on finding the bugs..... all of em.
i didnt find them personally. another spotted the 2 guys and chased em off. i guess he recognized em for being garbage before and found it. tossed it in the street. had i seen it, id be awaiting trial, cuz thats a line id not recommend to cross on me. all of my parts are marked in some form by me to know they are mine. i do thst cuz i lost a set of bbchevy heads when i was a teen to a crooked machine shop guy. i saved big money to buy them and they came up missing. ive not trusted much anyone since.

Glad to hear it's running and you figured out the melting cam sensors. So what is the plan on preventing that in the future? Also totally wild that someone would put a tracker on your car!

Glad to hear it's running and you figured out the melting cam sensors. So what is the plan on preventing that in the future? Also totally wild that someone would put a tracker on your car!
i got to get some turbo blankets. wrap the hot side is something considered as well.
currently have the hood off and cooling off between rounds with giant blower fans right on the turbos and sensor to hope that proves the theory anyways.

oh boy, its a 5s car now. ran 5.99, 5.97 and a 5.948 on satjrday. turned the power down and wen the 5.948 ehich is commical. apparently these 10yr old bald radials arent working. lol had a i tapped the breaks on this pass id been down to the semis and money. lol

oh boy, its a 5s car now. ran 5.99, 5.97 and a 5.948 on satjrday. turned the power down and wen the 5.948 ehich is commical. apparently these 10yr old bald radials arent working. lol had a i tapped the breaks on this pass id been down to the semis and money. lol

This makes me so happy to see. Congrats sir. You have worked hard for this. Keep it going.

well, i gotta see whats going on in the engine now. cam bearing or rod bearing perhaps. hope its something simple and not huge. no copper, oil is clean as hell, but filter tells another story. after 2 5.90 passes spinning mid track....this really sucks.

20230817_003434.jpg

20230817_002027.jpg

ran 5.902 spinning most of the way doen the track. however it developed a belt squeeling like sound. i beli3ve to be a bearing after opening my filter up. oil was spotless however. may just change oil, remove alt belt and run it again. see if its belt related or not. kinda sucks as i was making strides towards mid/low 5s over the next outting or 2.

Screenshot_20230817_151456_DuckDuckGo.jpg

well, got it apart found the pickup tube to be rubbing the crank counter weight. got it welded back up and reassembled. bewrings are solid and nothing in the pan. jjst gotta change the radials for slicks. try to hit saturday for some more et dropping good times.

20230822_233354.jpg

cant win with this thing. pass side front caliber desided it wanted to jizz all over the track. engine decided it dont want to run at all as well. i loaded up after 1 **** show of a pass. engine wouldnt rpm once i got about 100ft out it just flat lined rpm wise all the way down track. no idea what i didnt to cause this. have to go back over all the engine wiring, plug wires, etc... found the dr side coil noise filter in the diaper. i find this odd as it clips and locks into place. strange it would "fall" off.
i have to admit, this is absolute lunacy to keep going on and on with this thing. the defeated feelings im having right now. it truly makes me want to throw in the towel, dump fuel all over it and let it burn. im done with it for now.
if somebody brought be 35k right now, they would own this.

stupid bleeder on the caliper was leaking. losend and retightened it. not leaking as of now.

reloaded older tune in ecu, runs once again after struggling to start cold. gonna try again tomorrow and see how it starts up cold again. fiddled with datalogs to see what it was trying to do. didnt see anything out of place. so who knows, might be a vac leak somewhere. did have the bov vac lines off. cant remember taking them off either, but wtf knows. im tired of being fucked with if this is the case.

-
Back