67 dart windshield install pics, step by step

-
Hello. I know this is an old post, but was wondering about the leaking around the BOF. I'm currently going to put glass, gasket and locking strip in on my 67 Signet. Did your method (with all those pics) still require additional sealing, due to leaks? Wondering the best method for front and rear glass. Oh, also what is BOF? Thanks.

Just a heads up, as mentioned in this thread, 67 is a 1 year only Mylar lockstrip. Expensive and a pain in the ***. I converted our 67 cuda over to 68/9 stainless trim.
Good luck.
Oh BOF is I believe the original posters wife.
Hello. I know this is an old post, but was wondering about the leaking around the BOF. I'm currently going to put glass, gasket and locking strip in on my 67 Signet. Did your method (with all those pics) still require additional sealing, due to leaks? Wondering the best method for front and rear glass. Oh, also what is BOF? Thanks.

If you have your car in pieces, I would add this tip:

If you are using a new seal, fit the seal around the old windshield for a few weeks.
This helps shape the seal and will make installation 100 times more pleasant.

Just a heads up, as mentioned in this thread, 67 is a 1 year only Mylar lockstrip. Expensive and a pain in the ***. I converted our 67 cuda over to 68/9 stainless trim.
Good luck.
Oh BOF is I believe the original posters wife.
Thanks for the good information. Much appreciated. Yeah the 67 is an odd ball. My body man was careful enough to save the original front and rear rubber gaskets and I have a cluster of NOS locking strips that I've collected over the years, so I plan to stick with the oddball 67 method. For the windshield, the original poster said he put the gasket on the car first, then the glass into the gasket. But he said you can't do that with the rear glass. Is that due to the shape of the glass? Yours on the edge of assembly after 31 yrs of ownership! Thanks for answering and for any other insights.

If you have your car in pieces, I would add this tip:

If you are using a new seal, fit the seal around the old windshield for a few weeks.
This helps shape the seal and will make installation 100 times more pleasant.
Thanks for the tip. I'm using the original gaskets, but it might be good to do this since the rubbers have been off the car for about 2 yrs. Thanks for the information!

-
Back