67 fastback cuda build

-
Cant seem to find just a floor patch, either half or full, not too expensive but don't need to replace the whole half..would rather not have to cut a new half to patch the bottom pan. anyone know of any manufacturers?

Craigzlist ad, but was skeptical of casting number, 4179930 360-5, not a 360 3-5 special with the 20 or so more hp. I wanted a good builder anyway so I brought it home for 3 n change and tore off the timing cover and found the double roller stocker in it. woooot! it is an E58. must of been one of the first few chry 300's in 79 as its dated 1-17-79.they only made 5500 of em. Hope half of the stuff I read about the engine is true, but so much conflicting information like high nickel content blocks and super flow heads. who knows for sure. Will be a good builder though, its never been done.
Going to work on passenger floor and patch it, still trying to find just a single floor pan patch. don't want to cut a half or full floor up just for the dime size hole I have. Time to start wire wheeling to the shiny and por the rest of it.

Attachments

• dbl roller.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 157
Scored a 4 speed today, a body, and a 742 3:23 SG complete rear, couple of tq carbs and a 360 intake. less than 4 bills so I figure its a good starting point. still need so much stuff. radiator, pedals, flywheel, got a yoke, got two old hurst shifters too, one still bolted to the tranny. pics later, its dark and I cant unload this late. Left a 67 318 orange block, but was a -7, don't think it was a real orange. still may pick it up later, had almost no ridge and crank and pistons.

dammmm freakin 4 spd turned out to have a 5.125 front bearing retainer, but the shifter arms where both pointing in same direction and gunked up with road dirt. I shoulda looked at it better, looks like an OD unit from 76. wonder what that would run like with a 360 with 323 gears. Maybe I'll trade it out for a regular A833. The SG turned out okay. gears in great shape and marked with 3.23..lot of other numbers I haven't decoded. looks like a date, 12 28 65 B. and a 2070611 and 22885X,

Attachments

• diff.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 128
Welcome I am a Pa guy to.I live about 15 miles from you. It is going to be nice to see some barracudas riding around hear. if you get time Pm me and we can talk barracudas. I have a 67 also that I just got painted. Mark
Yes, it is the car don has, I don't think he is going to take my new offer. After looking at it and the parts I backed out of the original deal, (sorry don)! If it had a number matching block It would already be home though...Im not daunted, I will have a new fish in my 3 car garage sooooon! By the way I am in Coatesville PA, cudacrazy67 was asking.. Although a number matching car isn't a real requirement, its a huge preference.

working on the OD 4 speed I picked up. looked really good, after finally getting the gears out I found a piece of a syncro key in the bottom, sure enough one missing, I found all the pieces and after inspection found the ring gear where it came out of had a nice chunk out as well. Ordered the parts and the full rebuild kit. Will have a nice rebuilt OD for less than 300.

Still working on the floors and gathering parts for the 360 build and 4 spd conversion. :burnout: Not sure what I'll do with the 318/904 in the car. cant wait to yank it and start on the eng compartment clean up. only thing left to remove is the master cyl, column, and gear box. converting from power to manual.
heres picture of the synchro key.

Attachments

• synchro.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 88
-
Back