67 formula S 383 4 spd

-

fastbackfish

Reaction score
I am looking at a 67 barracuda and have decoded the VIN, Fender Tag, and most of the Broadcast Sheet. I am sure it is an original 383 ,4 spd car it has the original manual disc brakes and manual steering. The hood is modified and at one time it had fender well headers, the interior is nice, wood grain steering wheel,vacuum gauge and aftermarket shifter.The body seems fairly straight with solid floor pans, not original color but paint is ok for now.The wheels are aftermarket and the heads are off the block, was running when pulled down.It is unknown if the engine ,tranmission, and 8 3/4 rear are original, but it possible. My question ,is this car fairly rare and what is a reasonable price? Any input is appreciated.

Some pics would definetly help with giving opinions on a price.I,m gonna say a 67 BB formula S fastback has got to be geting fairly rare.Whats the asking price?

X2 with what pettybludart said, pics is a definite. BB formula s is getting rare, but you gotta take into acct the inner fenders being cut out as well. Do your homework on it, as with any vehicle purchase, the more research leaves less room for disappointment. In my opinion a BB formula s notch would be rarer...but thats my opinion.
Steve

The made roughly 1200 67 BB Barracudas, depending on the source- none of the sources that I have seen include a breakdown of body styles, although some claim there were 9 convertibles made that year. Chrysler will send you the IBM card for $45 if you send them proof of ownership- and I wish someone would just go through their IBM punchcard records and get an exact total for the 67 cars!

The 67s look alot like the 68/69s but many parts are different and hard to find/expensive. The front and rear window trim is garbage usually, if its good or has 68 trim you are ahead. Dash, trim, grills, emblems, manifolds, all this stuff ads up quickly so the more that is present and in good shape, the better.

A few years ago, maybe 2006, 15k on a good car was probably average, I've seen a excellent example sell for roughly 10k recently, and a poor one go for $6,500 a year ago- both 67s.

67s do not have numbers on the engine to match to the vin, but the pad below the distributor will have the date codes.
It should be:
C 383 (C for 67, 383 is the engine)
Month Day

If its "numbers matching" the assembly date on the engine will be prior to the shipping date on the fender tag/broadcast sheet. Be careful though, Chrysler used an IBM punch card to make the fender tag and the broadcast sheet. The IBM card contained a Shipping Order Number and a Shipped Date. The SO # was a scheduled shipping date, and that is the date that made it to the fender tag- the car could have been built and shipped prior to or after that date.

What is the shipping date?
What is the assembly date on the engine?

Post some pics.

Well I bought the Cuda Sept. 2012, Its getting a new engine for now, Im building a 400 with a few extras. Hope to be crusing next spring. I'll post some pics soon.

-
Back