67 GTS Value

-
Make sure you know what you are getting into. While this car is a rare find, its NOT highly collectible. Or in other words, it ain’t no million dollar hemi cuda. Either you love it and just got to have it or forget it. In the end you’ll have more money in it than you can sell it for, it has equally rare parts on it. Big block-hemi radiator. Big block A body exhaust manifolds. Price those out, if you can find them. Then you need the skills to restore it or pay through the nose to get it done. Paint is 10k minimum. All this for a 40k trailer queen? One you will own forever cause you can’t sell it for a decent price?
And another thing, it’s a nose heavy and ill handling. Expect to be stomped on by every small block up to 100 mph.

Now if your not crazy like “that” let it go. It will find a crazy new owner. If you just got to have it, get a mopar specific appraiser that specializes in a bodies. Make sure you know what it is, what all there and missing. Its estimated current value.
i agree with many of these points.

it's a rare car, but it's not something that's bringing big stupid money right now-- maybe 7~10 years from now it'll be right up there. appropriately, to get that kinda dough you're gonna need all those hard to find high dollar pieces that are specific to that particular one year only car.

all of this is predicated on a whole "what is this worth, can i get my money out of it" when finished mentality, which may be a moot point if you're building it because that's what you always wanted, or you enjoy the challenge.

but if it's just a: i want a big block dart? you can do better buying one already done or buying a lower model or a project/roller to start.

Make sure you know what you are getting into. While this car is a rare find, its NOT highly collectible. Or in other words, it ain’t no million dollar hemi cuda. Either you love it and just got to have it or forget it. In the end you’ll have more money in it than you can sell it for, it has equally rare parts on it. Big block-hemi radiator. Big block A body exhaust manifolds. Price those out, if you can find them. Then you need the skills to restore it or pay through the nose to get it done. Paint is 10k minimum. All this for a 40k trailer queen? One you will own forever cause you can’t sell it for a decent price?
And another thing, it’s a nose heavy and ill handling. Expect to be stomped on by every small block up to 100 mph.

Now if your not crazy like “that” let it go. It will find a crazy new owner. If you just got to have it, get a mopar specific appraiser that specializes in a bodies. Make sure you know what it is, what all there and missing. Its estimated current value.

Oh I’m not buying it, just interested to hear what others say.

I already have my sheet metal, grey, non-desirable big block dart… doesn’t even have the fancy vin # or build sheet lol.

It will be stomped on by my other non desirable purple small block car that’s for sure.

Wait did you say hemi cuda?!

D0392C47-F5BB-48DE-9855-6BC2CE9F3F08.jpeg

0452C366-52A9-4908-A574-EA8F746EBD9C.jpeg

F6C8DBE1-33CA-4D61-8B33-08EF19AE70D0.jpeg

EBEF9003-D40B-4E3C-B303-9AE0FF39F725.jpeg

92EBED57-3043-4040-B749-206069615C58.jpeg

Doc you Holden out on us with that last photo?????

This is just my 2 cents.

Since you can only get 2 cars in your 3 car garage... ( I have the same problem)

Section off the 1 car side with shelving.
Park your running car in the 1 side so it's safe and easy to get into

In the 2 car side you center, maybe left justify it a couple feet, the dart in progress and then you have all kinds of room to work on it, shelves to store parts, and your running dart is safe from flying wrenches.

So if your not buying care to share location so us crazies can check it out?

Doc you Holden out on us with that last photo?????

This is just my 2 cents.

Since you can only get 2 cars in your 3 car garage... ( I have the same problem)

Section off the 1 car side with shelving.
Park your running car in the 1 side so it's safe and easy to get into

In the 2 car side you center, maybe left justify it a couple feet, the dart in progress and then you have all kinds of room to work on it, shelves to store parts, and your running dart is safe from flying wrenches.

I have 18 bays at my office! I can store all kinds of shitty non running cars in the parking lot. There is also a 10-15 foot wide piece of grass behind the building as well? If I parked some **** boxes there I wouldn’t even have to pay the landscaping crew to mow it anymore! :rofl:

FB510668-8290-4E8D-B7C9-A03BB5C7B5AA.jpeg

So you got indoor garage space at the dental office? Cool buy the big block dart stick it over there then wife don't know you got a third one. And whats up with the shaker hood e-bodies in posting above?

Lastly hope you make some big bucks fixing teeth so more car restoration money. Fingers crossed for successful practice.

I think your son's 440 Dart will be faster than your 340 Dart. By all rights it should be very easily. lol
What's with the ugly paint job and wire wheels on the E body. looks like something to pickup hookers in :lol:

So you got indoor garage space at the dental office? Cool buy the big block dart stick it over there then wife don't know you got a third one. And whats up with the shaker hood e-bodies in posting above?

Lastly hope you make some big bucks fixing teeth so more car restoration money. Fingers crossed for successful practice.

Indoor garage at office? Not at all, park them piles outside in the weather with some tarps over them. Lol.

The hemi cuda was the first, last and only hemi car I have ever seen lol. Guy I bought the new dart from had it in his garage. I don’t make those kind of big bucks

I think your son's 440 Dart will be faster than your 340 Dart. By all rights it should be very easily. lol
What's with the ugly paint job and wire wheels on the E body. looks like something to pickup hookers in :lol:

It’s only a 400 lol.

The cuda definitely looks like a hookers and blow kind of car straight out of the 70’s :rofl:

I secretly love the paint job on it.

Haven't we already have this conversation?
Oh we're not talking stock, at the very least I'd run a Trick flow 240 head and have a custom piston made. something in the range of 10.5 - 11 to 1

you build that 400 right, it should eat a 340.
I didn’t build the 400, it was already built and has a TCI 727 in it. My 340 has a XE268, aluminum heads, headers, 2.5i exhaust, air gap intake, 750 Holley carb, and 904 transmission built by Tony with my help. Oh and 3.23 gears w/ sure grip.

The 400 appears to be stock except for a camshaft the XE274H. Haven’t taken the heads or anything off so I know very little about the 400.

I guess we will see which one is faster when my kids race them one day. :steering:

I didn’t build the 400, it was already built and has a TCI 727 in it. My 340 has a XE268, aluminum heads, headers, 2.5i exhaust, air gap intake, 750 Holley carb, and 904 transmission built by Tony with my help. Oh and 3.23 gears w/ sure grip.

The 400 appears to be stock except for a camshaft the XE274H. Haven’t taken the heads or anything off so I know very little about the 400.

I guess we will see which one is faster when my kids race them one day. :steering:
LOL your son will be yanking that 400 out and pulling it apart when he's 13. That's about the age I got started after watching my dad and uncle playing with the race cars and bikes.
I was blessed I had many books, manuals, and oversight starting out.
Your kids showing interest at such a young age has to be inspiring for you.

Exhaust manifolds are unique to each year of 383 A-body. Those are expensive to find.
I restored a '67 383 Formula S FB Cuda in the late 1980's when parts were available and relatively low cost. This was a true basket case car. Photo on left. Jim Lusk knows this one well.
The engine was in the trunk and the trans in the back seat. Otherwise, complete. I put $6,500 into it including body work I did myself and with help, painted it '69 B7 dark blue (was copper) and it ran incredibly well. Front K-H disk brakes hekped (stock). 383 was bored and notches in bore for valve unshrouding (supposed to be Stock Class racing trick). Ran Isky 284/484 cam with TQ intake and carb from '78 400 Cordoba. This replaced the tiny AFB that was stock. This combo idled at 400, pulled to 6000, and got 15-16 MPG with 2.94 gears. 3.91 were stock but not drivable with 14" wheels/tires.
Sold the car due to CCR's at new house for $6500 in 1994. Wish I had a better brain back then.
So my recommendation is that you buy it, build it, and enjoy it. But expect paint and body work to make it perfect will now cost $40K or more even with no rust. Labor rates and the exorbitant cost of paint (Black is the cheapest) make full restorations difficult to finance.

-
Back