67 Notch glass gaskets ?

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
I am ready to replace the windshield and rear glass gaskets on my 67 Barracuda notchback. If I re-use the existing gaskets is the original-type lock strip available? If I go with the 68 gaskets is the 68 trim available either used or aftermarket? I need to replace the headliner and vinyl top so this is job one at the moment for this car. I have completed my 65 Comet and need a project!

They`re making lockstrip, but it`s not exactly like original, though it doesn`t look bad. You may find NOS strip but they ask stupid money for it. 68 trim is not being reproduced and hard to find and also people want stupid money for it. I have reproduced lockstrip I can sell at reduced cost, if interested.

The stainless reveal mouldings for the front wndow are not a problem. Those gaskets and trim clips are reproduced too.
The rear window stainless is another story. If you were to install the trim clips and later type gasket you will have sharp edges of those clips exposed while waiting for the trim. Average cost for complete set of rear window stainless for fastback or notchback is 200.00. 200.00 will buy a whole bunch of plastic lock strip for 67 correct gaskets.

Need help---Windshield gasket. I just found out that the 67 front windshield gasket I had on order with Y1 in on national back order with no availability in sight. I have everything else already purchased and cannot find another supplier for a 67 gasket. I have in my hands the correct 67 rear gasket and lockstrip on the way. Don't really want to mix 68 front with a 67 rear but I am ready to install my vinyl top & new headliner and I NEED the front gasket.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. RAT-------

A reusable front gasket shouldn't be too hard to find. Cleaning for reuse is the hard part. Good luck

Well I haven't damaged the original gasket yet and I guess I could try to remove it intact and clean for re-use. I had to do that on my 65 Comet rear glass as that gasket is not being reproduced. I just don't understand what happened to Y1, they didn't even notify me-just hit my card for the money and if I hadn't called them I wouldn't have a clue. I have been searching all morning for an alternative and at this point I guess I will have to try to re-use the original. Bummer-----------

Y1 charged your card for a part they not only did not have in stock, but have no idea when they will have it in stock??? Wow, thats a real crappy way to do business... sure hope they refunded you pronto

This makes me nervous. I am planning on doing body restoration on my '67 notchback, and I'll probably have to chop the top off and weld a new one on, because of extensive rust damage under the vinyl. (I'm going to take a class at the local community college, which has all equipment and a brand-new $600k paint booth). I'll be facing the same challenges you are with installing the front and rear glass, I reckon. I'll be checking back to see what you end up going for.
Thanks!
Thomas

I converted my 67 windshield and rear window trim to a 68-69 with a kit,. Still had a devil of a time finding the chrome, but after a long search at wrecking yards all around the USA, found both front and back strips, but it cost me dearly. I think I got the last ones in existance at wrecking yards, good luck.

I am ready to replace the windshield and rear glass gaskets on my 67 Barracuda notchback. If I re-use the existing gaskets is the original-type lock strip available? If I go with the 68 gaskets is the 68 trim available either used or aftermarket? I need to replace the headliner and vinyl top so this is job one at the moment for this car. I have completed my 65 Comet and need a project!

-
Back