67 or 68 barracuda parts

-

Cudaboy17

Reaction score
When I bought my car, included was a deck lid and hood that was said to be for a 68 cuda fastback but someone else told me the parts were from a 67. How would I distinguish the two years apart as I know the 67 lid won't work with the 68/69.

67 will work BUT all 3 years are cosmetically different. All 3 years the trunk panel trim mounted differently.
Inner ribbing is different as well but that's cosmetic.
Welcome aboard cudaboy. I have 67 S and 69 s as well.
Cheers
Steve

I think you asked two separate questions: deck lid, and hood.

67 & 68 hoods are the same (essentially), with twin bulges and chrome inserts, which are interchangeable. The 69 hood is flat, with no inserts, and with a raised "beak" at the center front, which won't match up with a 67/68 nose panel.

67, 68 & 69 deck lids are the same basic unit, but they are drilled completely differently for the trim panels. A 69 trim panel covers the entire surface, so extra holes wouldn't be noticed, but 67 or 68 decklid trim both expose certain areas of sheet metal, which would be full of holes if you were trying to use a different year trim set. So the bottom line is, it isn't worth your time to mess around filling dozens of small holes and drilling new ones -- just swap for the correct year.

Body parts all interchange other than trim/grille are different but will work

Except 69 header panel and hood. Have hump.

D

-
Back