67 Plymouth Valiant Signet 2Dr Sedan with 273 & A/C

-
He called me this morning so I have to swing by tomorrow to have a looksee

I really hate body shops. I went to look at it and she is done but he forgot a few things. He didn't paint the hood latch bracket,rear inside panel extensions and didn't put any sealer on top of the inner fenders before he put the fenders on and adjusted them. I told him multiple times to make sure it was done. He got very defensive when I pointed these things out and tried to blame me for not finding the sealer and that I am now adding things and being nit picky. I didn't question his quality just pointed out steps he missed. He jacked up the price $300 for having to remove,reseal,reinstall and readjust the fenders. It looks nice though.

Picture 4117.jpg

Picture 4118.jpg

Picture 4119.jpg

Picture 4120.jpg

Picture 4121.jpg

Picture 4122.jpg

Picture 4123.jpg

Thanks and It does but the lack of attention to detail bugs me. I know he just does body work and paints and not really a car guy to get it.

I went back yesterday to do a final inspection and he had a new attitude and did what he was supposed to do and even took pics of how he applied the sealer. I am finally happy with the results. I swung by the glass shop and it will be heading to them on Tues for the glass and headliner install. I did some digging in my garage for a windshield and the spare I have is slightly fogged on one side. I can't bring myself to skimp on the fogged glass so I had the shop order up a new windshield ($300). The only thing not new or rebuilt on this car is the rear and side glass,wiring harness and center section. I have to put her back together when she comes home and recover the front seats and new foam.

I am going to swing by the body shop today and see if he will let me black out the radiator support and put some parts on it and then swing by the glass shop and see if I can drop the glass and other stuff off for install.

Happy Helloween >:). The body shop let me assemble some of it today so I put the bumpers on,tail lights,grilles,parking assy's,grille emblem,door handles,fender signals,Signet emblems,column cover, trunk emblem,trunk lock,mirrors. It will be at the glass shop tomorrow.

Picture 4142.jpg

Picture 4143.jpg

Picture 4144.jpg

Picture 4145.jpg

Picture 4146.jpg

Picture 4147.jpg

Picture 4148.jpg

Sedan man, really looks great. By the way, my 67 is looking for a new home. Not enough time, plus my guy has had health problems, so it's up for sale.

Thanks. It's been a long time coming. I was bound to get it right the 2nd time around

The black wheels are kind of growing on me. I do need to lower the front end some. I don't care for the 2-3 inch gap above the wheels.

The glass shop called and said my car will be done with the glass and headliner in the am :)

Winter snuck up on me too quick so unless I get at least for 50 degree days the assembly will have to wait til spring. It sucks having a 1.5 car garage. The next place will be 2.5

The old bars were wore out bad and the SS springs made it worse by pushing down on the left front all the time so I picked up a nice set of BB bars and installed them during the resto and just adjusted them by eye. There is like an inch or two gap and I can see the back of the inner fender between the fender opening and the top of the tire.

The warm weather here brought progress FINALLY. I put in the new glass run weatherstripping,installed the vent window assy,glass,window sweeps and regulator in the passenger door. I also started it,installed the wipers and put in the visors. I need to do a garage run to drop off all of the parts I picked up for the other valiant,grab some parts to sell and take a look at a spare vent window assy to see if I have one without scratches. If I have enough time I will assemble the drivers door,drop my DS glass pack and take it in to have o2 bung welded in. What I have left is, see if the battery is toast or if I have a short. I need to put the car up on stands and take the axle apart. I bought DrDiff axles and didn't grease the bearings before I put them in and I doubt he did it before he sent them to me. I will also be swapping in a 3.55 center but need to swap sure grips first. I also need to take the tank sender back out it seems to leak some when it's 1/2 tank or higher. I WILL be driving it this year. It hasn't been on the road since 2013

More progress: I put in the new headlight adjuster sets and installed the headlights. I swapped out the metric bolts the body shop used for the emblem center to grille filler,installed my trunk trim,rubber bumpers for the hood,wheel well trim. I still need to add the antenna,inner fender splash shields,spray bedliner in the front wheel wells and I need to figure out a wiring issue with the right front turn signal and see why the electric choke quit working. I also need to replace and paint the DS hood hinge because it is bowed out and is trying to rub on the fender.

Picture 4490.jpg

Picture 4491.jpg

Picture 4496.jpg

Picture 4497.jpg

I also need to reinstall the Signet door and 1/4 window trim but i'm holding off until I can let the car sit in the sun some.

I added a clutch fan and shroud finally. The fan came from a /6 Aspen 18" and the shroud is a factory v8 shroud from a 70-2 A body to match the radiator.

Picture 4520.jpg

Progress minus the charging issue. I installed the upper door panel trim,installed the plastic sheeting,installed door panels and acc's. I also ripped the rear axle back apart because I wasn't sure if I had greased the bearings or not when I got them from Cass and to install a 3.55 center section. I will also be removing the SS springs and installing the XHD set. I will be listing the SS's. I do need to find the correct spring that goes to this E brake set up (pic).

Easter 2017 002.jpg

Easter 2017 003.jpg

Easter 2017 004.jpg

Easter 2017 006.jpg

Easter 2017 005.jpg

-
Back