67 Valiant spool mount

-

sbf001

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 67 valiant that I am putting a spool mount k-Member in. I have been doing research on what parts I need to get and have been seeing different answers. From what ive found I can use the lower control arms off my s6 k member and I will need so source 73 + upper control arms with big ball joint. Would that be correct? Ive read that I will be able to use my stock idler arm and center link but ive also seen that I will need a 74-76 center link. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome.
Thanks

The only "gotchas" with the lower arms is if you do or plan to run an anti-roll bar, and if the arms have factory tabs for the bar. Other than than any year LCAS

If you are using the big pattern 73/ later disk setup then you need compatible upper arms, spindles and lower ball joints

If your 67 truly had a 67 K, you can not use that idler arm, it is a one year only deal

The 4 pieces which must be compatible regardless of year depends on your steering box, as there is a large and small spline pitman. The pitman of course must fix the box, and the center line and idler must fit those, so box, pitman, idler, and center line must all be compatible. As long as you have "all pre" 73 or "all 73 and after" for those 4 you are fine

See this thread, post no 2

confused, steering gear compatibility

Thank you, I will look for 73 + big ball joint control arms. I have the factory front disc set up with spindles, and also manual steering box. Looks like all I need is the control arms, lower ball joints and then a different idler arm.

If you are using your present 67 center link all you need in addition is a 68/ later idler arm

Thank you, I will look for 73 + big ball joint control arms. I have the factory front disc set up with spindles, and also manual steering box. Looks like all I need is the control arms, lower ball joints and then a different idler arm.
Factory discs, as in '67 factory discs (small bolt pattern)? Or are you swapping to the '73 and later big bolt pattern discs?
Use the upper control arms for the brake system you're using. Small bolt discs use your existing small ball joint uppers, big bolt pattern brakes use the '73+ uppers. You can use your existing steering box & center link with a '68-'72 idler arm.

Factory discs, as in '67 factory discs (small bolt pattern)? Or are you swapping to the '73 and later big bolt pattern discs?
Use the upper control arms for the brake system you're using. Small bolt discs use your existing small ball joint uppers, big bolt pattern brakes use the '73+ uppers. You can use your existing steering box & center link with a '68-'72 idler arm.
Yes I am using the large bolt pattern Disc that came with the 73+ k member

Last edited:
-
Back