67 Valiant vs Dart Floor Pan

-

Frank Mopar

Reaction score
Need to replace my front floor pan and there is a thin spot on the rear pan. I could live with the rear but I'd rather do it once and right.
AMD lists a left half, front and rear for a Dart but not a Valiant. Any reason why they wouldn't interchange?

Thanks
Frank

Darts and Valiants have a different wheel base. I believe it's the rear section that is a different length.

hello, MARK is right plymouth has a longer/ differant shape pan,
you need to order a pan for a plymouth, IE 67-69 cuda or 70-76
duster.I THINK THIS IS RIGHT, someone let me know if I am not.

The pan will fit but is more contured like a newer 74-6. I'm putting one in a 70 duster right now. Where the front seats mount is where the difference is.

Thanks for the input guys. Looking at pics of the Dart and Valiant pans it looks like the front section are the same and the difference is in the rear, just like you all said. Guess I'll order up the Barracuda one.

The front section is the same. Seat belt mount locations change some year to year. You can see the difference in rear of pans from the pics at AMD's site.

The rear on a Dart/Scamp has a fill section that makes up the additional wheelbase, 3". Dart pan rear section 111" wb. You can see the two plugs on each side of the floor
68Dart007.jpg

Duster/Valiant pan 108" One plug
73DusterJC030.jpg

You'll be a patching fool trying to use a Dart pan in a Valiant/Duster (non Scamp). If the section for the rear is in the beaded area forward, you'll be OK. If it's the absolute rear, you'll be making patches.

Not all years are the same regardless of what the after market companies have listed as being correct. One thing I found out from a bucket seat swap many years ago, is that the floors of the A-Bodies that had catalytic converters are slightly different than the earlier cars. In the driver's side area below the seat, the floor is raised higher to accommodate the converter.

The swap I was trying to make, putting stock bucket seats & tracks from a '73 Duster I owned into a '75 Duster my wife had. It may have only been the outer track from the '73 that was too tall, but it was at least 1" or more. I know it may not be a big deal to modify or fabricate something to get this to work, but it isn't fun trying to figure out what's wrong AFTER you buy everything. :violent1:

Heres a fyi update. I bought the pan half for the 67 Barracuda like you guys said. It almost a dead match. Everyting in the front half is the same. Only difference is the locaton of the seat belt holes and the rear footwell is shallower then the original. Thanks for the help

-
Back