67 Valiant

-

jefroa

Reaction score
I'm new to MOPAR world and I finally got a something that I believe that would stick out from the crowd. It's not a camaro or a mustang or a rice burner.. I got a 67 valiant /6 3 on the tree. The car is great on gas, but on performance I'm getting left behind by everything even by those hybrids (toyota prius).. I was hopping to get some input from anyone that likes to stick out from the crowd..
I want to put in a V8 in it (318, 340 or 360, whatever it is its going to be stroked out) with a 4sp manual, bring the top down about 2 1/2'', put power brakes with disc all around. And since the car is a 4dr, I want to make the rear doors suicide. For paint wise, I want to stick to flat black, make it ratty like.
I'm not trying to drag race the car, I just want to be unquie..

Welcome to FABO. Glad you decided to come over! You will get lots of help here, my thoughts are do each project one at a time so you can still enjoy driving your Valiant. Maybe do brakes first since they're so important. I don't think I've seen suicide doors done so when you get to that project you will be contributing something new here. Same with chopping the top...a major job and an art to getting it to look right. Anyway you will meet a lot of great folks here.

I agree, this does sound like an interesting project. As far as projects go, the only one I'd be wary of would be the roof chop. There is a good thread on here about chopped tops with simulated before/after pictures; I would search for it. Personally, I think the chops make the car look disproportional and a little goofy, but if you decide to do one I'll be open-minded and happy to follow along on your progress with it should you choose to document with pictures!

When I had to remove the rear wheel clyinders, I had to remove the axle shafts. When I was done putting the wheel clyinders, I put the axle shaft, and I had a buddy check the oppsite side if the other axle was rotating. It did. Then I mounted the brakes. When I test drove the brakes, the rear end did something I never heard. It felt like the tires moved first, then the car moved. I didn't do a burn out, I just gentley relesed the clutch. Was I suppose to remove the diff cover and algin the axle shafts? Its a /6 (170) 3 on the tree. It's got a 7 1/4 rear end. The rear end didnt do a grinding sound, it just felt funny.

Ive never pulled an axle shaft to change a wheel cylinder on them 7 1/4 axles and ive done 5 of them (complete axles that is).

-
Back