67 VC Valiant ute.

-
Thank you men, i had a lot of frustration, yet fun with this build, as you all probably know what it is all about.....
Next job, bumpers, they were a bit rough, and nobody where i live can do chrome plating that will last , unless i ship it to the main land Australia, but that is expensive, and this is a real tight budget build. I beat them straight and painted them a dark gunmetal grey.
While i was at it, i resto'd the Wayfarer badges on the side.

Attachments

• 005 (9).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 220
  • 006 (8).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 001.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 006 (7).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 221
Thanks for posting your pictures. All the same rust and damage issues I'm dealing with in my Ap6 Ute. Tailgate was trashed, so I got a repopped skin from PP&R, and am working on grafting the top lip of the Ute 'gate to a '65 Valiant wagon tailgate. Lots of lower quarter rust repair to do not to mention the inner front fenders to repair the damage from the fenderwell headers. Very inspirational, Thanks!
attachment.php

Doing the details now, the rear view mirror was pretty poor, so i played with some paint to tart it up a bit, and did the visor to match aswell.

And a friend sent me these wheels, which suit the silver PERFECTLY.

Attachments

• 005 (8).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF5450.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF5451.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 001 (9).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 206
Thanks for the comments guys, you now see what i have done to this since i dragged it from the Barn, so here is the final pics of it all finished, polished and Rego'd. :)

Attachments

• 077.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 083.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DONE 003.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 183
  • current VC PICS 005.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 154
  • 085.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 081.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 150
A couple more

Attachments

• DONE 001 (1).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DONE 007.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 148
  • DONE 006.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 158
-Dale, been among the missing for a bit, as you know why..... That paint work on the Ute kills me! I LOVE it!!!!!!

GAWD man, you plan to "re-freshen" the engine compartment? NOT re-build, but paint etc to match the car, and custom color the Hemi-6 in it??????

-Dale, been among the missing for a bit, as you know why..... That paint work on the Ute kills me! I LOVE it!!!!!!

GAWD man, you plan to "re-freshen" the engine compartment? NOT re-build, but paint etc to match the car, and custom color the Hemi-6 in it??????

Thanks John, good to see your snooping around again bud, and the answer is yes, it is next on the list to tart it up a bit, nothing tooo flash though, i am an old bloke. :)

Thanks John, good to see your snooping around again bud, and the answer is yes, it is next on the list to tart it up a bit, nothing tooo flash though, i am an old bloke. :)

I'm pretty sure your "nothing tooo flashy" is going to be more than what most people would do, on a full custom car! I didn't even catch the update on the visor or mirror, they look amazing! Nice work and a well deserved "atta boy" from this guy.

I like the Flip Top gas cap addition; might have to do the same thing on my wagon!

Nothing to flashy, huh? I'll be amazed if its anything other what ya currently done......

Whats ya plans for engine color??? (You know, I just "HAD" to ask!)

EDIT:
Yeah, I am around, still a bit difficult to type so........

Doing the details now, the rear view mirror was pretty poor, so i played with some paint to tart it up a bit, and did the visor to match aswell.

That rear view mirror is absolutely amazing! Do you do this stuff for a living? Too bad Tasmania is so far away, I would've sent you mine to do it! :prayer:

That rear view mirror is absolutely amazing! Do you do this stuff for a living? Too bad Tasmania is so far away, I would've sent you mine to do it! :prayer:

Thanks very much guys, John, no real clue on color yet bud, and as for doing this stuff for a living, NO, i do this kind of stuff on 1/25 scale models, so i figured if i could do that, it shouldn't be too hard on the real thing, wow, was i wrong, but it was fun.

Dale just glad to hear you had fun doing it......................REALLY tho, isn't that what its allabout? Models OR the real thing.....Thats how I look at my truck!

-
Back