67 Vert Doors

-

Creeden

Reaction score
Hello fellow Verts,
I am in need of a new to me front LH and RH door for a 67 Dart. What will interchange, can I use a hard top door and just replace the glass from the vert?

Thank you.

Doors from hardtop should work and as you said use the vert glass and vent window & frame

Without going and looking there are a small rubber wedge that is on the door that matches up with the piece in the door jamb. Would think the hardtop door would have the dimples for the screws, but not 100% on that.

did you search the convert thread?--
doors have been discussed, the glass is the key-- then your are deciding on the differences between 67, 68 & 69 doors. there is a thread on this very topic, with good info. Look in the convert thread or my vdarts ragtop thread it is linked, Lawrence

Hardtop doors have the dimples where the screws go for the wedge. Vent window frames are the same.

did you search the convert thread?--
doors have been discussed, the glass is the key-- then your are deciding on the differences between 67, 68 & 69 doors. there is a thread on this very topic, with good info. Look in the convert thread or my vdarts ragtop thread it is linked, Lawrence

x2...
Lawrence was very helpful when I was asking same questions. Check vert threads.

IF, I had thought about it before painting my car I would have used the 68 vert doors I had instead of my 67 doors just for the locks.

67 you have to use a key, 68 you can lock and close the door.

Not sure if just the latches could be changed, I know at some point the inside lock location is different.

I'm not sure what latches you had, but I've never seen a Mopar 69 or older that you could lock the front doors and then close them (that includes my original door 68 GTS and two 69 C-bodies that I have been close to.

Hello fellow Verts,
I am in need of a new to me front LH and RH door for a 67 Dart. What will interchange, can I use a hard top door and just replace the glass from the vert?

Thank you.

Creeden,
I see you are in MO also. I have a '67 hardtop parts car that I believe has really nice doors. I also have a '68 'vert but I believe one of the doors has some rust in the corner.
I'm just south of Ft. Wood. If I can help with anything just let me know.
Dallas

-
Back