67vs68vs69 notchback quarter glass??

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
when I purchased this 68 notchback project the passenger side quarter glass did not work. My father took it apart when I was at work and found a missing roller path and a broken roller assembly. I tracked down those pieces and today we went to put it back in. everything went together but when we roll the window up all the way the back does not roll up all the way and we cant adjust the regulator enough to right it. and when the window gets to within 2.5" of up, the bottom roller assembly pops out of its channel. When we measure all the way up on the driverside and crank the passenger side to same height, it is 3" from top.

after further inspection the passenger glass is one piece with the assembly, while the driver side the glass bolts onto the assembly. The rear channel that I replaced is at least an inch longer than the one on the driver side. So, do I have the wrong window for the passenger side? or is the window for a 68 but regulator for a different year???

WTH is going on here?? lol:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Check the numbers on the glass in the lower corner . They are date-coded , and will tell you right off if someone has replaced the glass with something else . Then you know for sure if you are working with the right window .

I had a `69 notchback a few years back and if I remember correctly I think they might be different than the `68 or `67 ???

The numbers I could find in the metal assembly on the side we are having problems with...

1A 2664

On the drivers side the numbers were just below glass in metal frame...

28040 445 LH
963 5 CAV 1

Well I searched flea bag and found some hits for quarter glass. The 68-69 glass on there has holes for bolts like on the driver side.

The 69 is different than the 68. Don't remember the exact difference right now but I have it stored somewhere. If you are in need of a 68 assembled let me know. I still have both rear glass and regulator set ups from a notch I parted a few years ago

The 69 is different than the 68. Don't remember the exact difference right now but I have it stored somewhere. If you are in need of a 68 assembled let me know. I still have both rear glass and regulator set ups from a notch I parted a few years ago

Can you post a picture of a correct 68 quarter glass assembly? I'm not sure which is the correct one. The one with bolt in glass like driver side or the pressed in that we are having so much trouble with. It must have come from a parts yard somewhere as someone in the past marked it as rear glass for a 68 barracuda.

Here are a couple of quick ones I took this morning. Can get you more and dig out the regulators if needed. Just let me know.

One other thing I thought of was to make sure bothe glass is the same shape. Might've possible someone had a fastback glass thrown in there. Had that issue with my vert when I got it as the passengers door glass was from a fastback and did not seal because it was the wrong shape

This is the same glass I have in my car. The driver side is different. The glass on that Sid bolts to the lower assembly. The shape is right and rolls up perfectly to within 3" of the frame, then the back end virtually stops coming up, the front continues then the lower roller track assembly pops out. We have tried adjusting it but nothing we do helps. Maybe I have wrong regulator?

Possible on the regulator. I will see about digging out the regulators form the notch and shooting some pics for you with some measurements. Hopefully I will get to it tonight.

Hey thanks. My cuda was built on June 13, 1968. According to the interchange manual on google books, the 68 and 69 quarter glass is interchangeable. Yet on eBay the replacement glass for 68-69 has the bolt holes like their window assembly on the drivers side of my car. Is it possible some 68 had glass and regulators like your car but mine came originally with both assemblies with the bolt in glass and when it broke it was replaced with a different window window, like yours?? Just thinking out loud here.

I went and tried my best to get the window to work but when the window is all the way up the two regulators are at different heights. The passenger side one is about 1.5" lower than driver side. If it were that much higher it would close the window perfectly.

In an attempt to get this setup to work I elongated the adjustment notches.the window comes very close to closing at the top, but needs to go about 1/2 up, and 1/2 forward. The window regulator is at the extreme top of stroke. It will not physically crank any further.

I am guessing this regulator is for a window assembly like on driver side. My passenger window assembly is like the picture you posted.

Ok, I think what I am finding out here is this. 67 and early 68 notches have rear windows and regulators for the window posted above.

Later 68, at least those built on 6/13/68 or later,and 69 have this style...
attachment.php

My dilemma is my car must have come with the glass and assemblies like that in the second picture. When the window broke everything was replaced with a piece like in the first picture. This doesn't work with the regulator I have. What I need to do is find and buy or trade for the right glass assembly or wrong regulator.

So does anyone have a glass assembly like that in the second picture complete with metal frame for regulator and would you be willing to trade straight across for an assembly like that n the first picture??!

-
Back