-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68383GTS

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Contact seller
First off I am not sure I want to do this yet..But I found a 1971 Road Runner I would really like to have..

1968 Dodge Dart GTS.Real "H Code"383 4 speed car 1 of 991 built.Fender tag,buildsheet,radiator support #'s,trunk lip #'s,matching transmission.This is a 36,000 mile exdrag car.I am the third owner and tracked down the original owner last October.It has new engine,tires,fuel tank,fuel tank float,Yukon Axles,new brakes,Big bolt disc brakes on front,master cycliner,stainless brake lines,MSD distribator,MSD 6AL box,Tachometer,bumpers and a few things I am leaving out I am sure.
The 383 is a 1967 and fully rebuilt.452 RHS heads,Eddy single plain intake,rebuilt 850 Holley DP,Comp Cams 524/256 Hyd cam,TTI heads,Mopar starter,water pump,7 QT oil pan,and more.
As I said 36,000 miles,3 owner, original paint with a good shine still.Original near mint black interior.The inner fenders have been replaced with the correct replacements.It does need two rear quarter panels at some point....LOL

As of now I am having a issue with the damn Hays clutch slipping.I have about 400 miles on everything so I am not sure whats going on with the clutch right now.I am thinking Centerforce and to hell with Hayes.
I am located in Illinois ..
Does some where between 15K-17K sound to crazy.I know these restored sell for 30K plus.I have a few pics just go to my pics.
Does anyone have a 1971 RR or GTX they want to trade???

Maybe someone can post the pics for me.
Thanks,Jim

First off I am not sure I want to do this yet..But I found a 1971 Road Runner I would really like to have..

1968 Dodge Dart GTS.Real "H Code"383 4 speed car 1 of 991 built.Fender tag,buildsheet,radiator support #'s,trunk lip #'s,matching transmission.This is a 36,000 mile exdrag car.I am the third owner and tracked down the original owner last October.It has new engine,tires,fuel tank,fuel tank float,Yukon Axles,new brakes,Big blot disc brakes on front,master cycliner,stainless brake lines,MSD distribator,MSD 6AL box,Tachometer,bumpers and afew thing I am leaving out I am sure.
The 383 is a 1967 and fully rebuilt.452 RHS heads,Eddy single plain intake,rebuilt 850 Holley DP,Comp Cams 524/256 Hyd cam,TTI heads,Mopar starter,water pump,7 QT oil pan,and more.

As of now I am having a issue with the damn Hays clutch slipping.I have about 400 miles on everything so I am not sure whats going on with the clutch right now.I am thinking Centerforce and to hell with Hayes.
I am located in Illinois ..
Does some where between 15K-17K sound to crazy.I know these restored sell for 30K plus.I have a few pics just go to my pics.
Does anyone have a 1971 RR or GTX they want to trade???

Maybe someone can post the pics for me.
Thanks,Jim

Jim
Send the pics to [email protected] I will be happy to post them for you...
Jamie

Here are some pics:
gts4.jpg

gts3.jpg

gts1.jpg

Oh it originally came with 383,4 speed,woodgrain wheel,bucket seats with headrestes,console, tinted windows,G1 Racing green paint,black interior,black bumble bee stripe. Jim

they were going for the 1968 Hurst Hemi Dart look ...........but they did not use an original template .

I bought one from Big Block Darts forums...

" Yes, I have a template here from a real 68 car. Bottom side lines up with the factory opening, top side is the new cut line.

It's $10, mailed anywhere in the US or Canada - I trace it on kraft paper and send it in a 24" mailing tube. The money mostly just covers shipping and the cost of the mailer tube. I send them via regular postal mail, not UPS.

If you want one, send a check or M/O to-

Bill Reilly
2323 White Haven Rd.
White Haven, PA. 18661

OR you can paypal me - [email protected]

Make sure to include a note that you want a template, and the address to send one to."

This was made into a Drag car around 1974.Never tubbed or roll caged.Yes I think he did get carried away abit with the saw LOL.He diid have a taller tire on it that I have. Jim

Awesome car that I'd love to add to my collection, but that price can get a pretty nice non-hacked car in todays market.
Maybe I'm the crazy one, but I'd think a $15-17,000.00 asking price would be almost double what it will bring.
Good luck with the sale.

Awesome car that I'd love to add to my collection, but that price can get a pretty nice non-hacked car in todays market.
Maybe I'm the crazy one, but I'd think a $15-17,000.00 asking price would be almost double what it will bring.
Good luck with the sale.

Half ?

So you rekon its worth 8 ish?
You damn well know that car would sell for 8 in a heartbeat.
But hey,maybe IM the one who is crazy =P~

Half for a 68 383 GTS 4 speed car 1 of 991 built ? So what $7500.00 I have
5K in the new engine.I have seen rust out cars sell for 7K.I don't think 15K is to far off if so I will keep it. Jim

I think it is a ~$8,500.00 car.
Not trying to offend anyone, just stating my opinion.
How many offers around $15,000.00 or people come look at it with the $15,000.00 asking price?
It's a cool car, but it still needs quite a bit of attention/money put into it.
I'm glad you enjoy it because I think it'll be in your garage for a while.
Only time will tell if you can prove me wrong.

When it sells be sure to come in here so you can rub the price in my face.

You know what the economy is like.
How long has your 1968 Coronet been on the market?
What price did you start that at ~7,500.00?
Now it's at what $3,500.00 with the extras?

Like I said I am going to keep the Dart.Ya tried to sell the Coronet on here and FBBO for awhile.I had the Coronet sold for $6800.00 last year first guy to look at it.Well he gave me a big deposit and never came back that was 10 months ago.I am to the point I just want the car out of the garage.I have seen how long you have tried to sell the GTX.I can't believe you have not sold it yet.
No hard feelings here.I guess I better keep the GTS and forget about the 1971 Road Runner.I have not tried to sell the GTS I was really tring to get a idea what to ask for it if I did sell.I know times are hard now but I still see Mopars selling on Ebay all the time. Jim

First pic - background.... "LOW COST PHARMACY"

Is that where one would purchase some "Depends" prior to blastoff?!??

A lil humour amongst the pissing contest. :poke:

Hey.. it never fails on FABO. Mention an asking price and it's quickly met with an "it's too much" reply. What up wit dat????

Good luck with the sale, brotha.
Wylde.

My 1968 GTX finally sold, the guy came around to his senses and we worked out a deal.
I also took a deposit on the 1968 GTX back in November and gave the "buyer" until April to come and get (and finish paying for it). He assured me he will be up here sooner than later. April 1st came and went so I told him to get it out of here (I was storing it for free and he never made another "payment"). He said mid month...Of course mid April came and went as well so I told him it needs to be gone ASAP! He said soon.....I told him at 11:59:59pm on the last day of April if it isn't gone I would sell it to anyone else or he would need to put another deposit down on it. The end of the month he says he can't afford it!..LOL
I told him that is he somehow comes up with the cash to buy it before I sell it to anyone else I would still give him credit for the deposit! I never heard from him again.

I agree no urinating match, just stating my opinion. Like it or not the facts that people are not paying top dollar for these cars anymore. It's obvious, just look through eBay and the for sale ads on these Mopar forums, and see the prices that is ACTUALLY SELLING for.
Before you could sell a car instantly at a good profit.
Now it takes a long time to sell those same cars and most of the time there isn't much (if any) any profit.
You win some, you lose some.
It was great selling stuff when the prices were up, but it sure is nice to be able to afford some of the "better stuff" again!

For what it's worth, I seriously considered buying your 1968 Coronet several occasions.

Since the quarters are butchered, what does the trunk area look like? Are the inner fenders gone, or was something fabricated? What about the trunk pan itself?

The trunk pan is perfect.The inner fender have been replaced with mint 1968 inner fenders.And somehow the original fender tag survived.The rear quarters were cut so much it got into the outer wheel tubs.
I have heard from many people including my Father"To bad the rear quarters were cut up" or " To bad it was a race car".I think if it wasn't a race car and just a everyday car back then it may have been rusted out and junked by now.
Jim

It's your car and if that is how you like it,so be it.Personally,I'd like to have the car.It would stay the way it is with the addition of some more hp(can never have enough for those "emergency" passing situations!)and go out and beat the snot out of it.Bob

According to the desk top Dyno its 425 HP.It probably will stay the way it is aleast for afew more years. Jim

Big deal...... The 1/4s can be fixed without any real issue. Hold to your price. Fact is if someone wants a 68 383 GTS 4 speed car they have few options.

It's like my 68 Formula S. Sure I ask $20,000 for it. When people tell me it's not worth that, I tell them....... if you don't like my price, go find an unrestored real 340, 4 Speed, Forumla S fastback, that's as nice as mine, for less and buy it....... You know what....... They never find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back