Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffjumper

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey there FABO,
Creating a this because I am looking to sell my Mopar. There will be another time for me to get another A-body. For now I have lost everything (apartment, garage, truck) and I can no longer afford my favorite hobby. I will be using this site ONLY to sell my car because all of you are dedicated fans much like myself. This car was bought from a good home into mine, and I would like to see it go into the hands of another. Here we go.

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback

Body:
The paint job is about 20 years old done by the previous owner. Off the assembly line it started out a light metallic green. The first owner did some racing with it and painted it red. The person I bought the car from painted it white.
The body work all was done 20 or so years ago, so this is an old resto-mod. No rust though there is som scratches and mud here and there.
All of the outer trim is there and is in good shape. The rear window was recently replaced and the trim was just installed (no leaks). The grill I just restored, painted and installed (costly). I have the stock hood with all trim matching in white that is not installed. I have a black steel hood with a 440/HEMI scoop installed. The rest of the glass is Airtemp glass, windshield, driver and passenger front and quarter glass.
Under the car has been undercoated from the factory and untouched for 40 years. It has been inspected numerous times for rot in which there is not. Two small places under the drivers and passengers feet are some holes that I am in the process of replacing (discussed in Interior).
Under the hood is done black and the chassis and underbody is uncut, unmolested. Bumpers are great and shine like new. Brand new tail panels installed. I have an extra pair for resto.

Interior:
Black interior (standard not deluxe) automatic on the floor. Stock shifter. The pistolgrip auto shifter was the first thing I removed when I bought the car. From the fold down seat to the dash has been dismantaled and stored. I replaced the engine/headlight harness and am in the process of replacing the dash, and rear tail light harness. I searched high and low for original bucket seats and have them. They need reapolstering but are otherwise in usable condition. I have everything for the interior besides the harness and AM radio. Dash, gauges, speedo and cable, dash pads, center console, seats (front/rear), seat belts. The headliner, sunvisors and rearview mirror, door panels and rear panels are still there as well as the dash frame.
As for the floor pans. I was in the process of replacing the small portions in the future so the carpet is up and you can see the entire floor. The car was an Airtemp car though the under dash unit was removed yet still intact with all hoses and vent lines. I restored the underdash ventalation system and that is boxed up. The interior trim is all in great shape and not removed. Just a few easy installations and this interior is show ready. I routed a Mopar MSD 6 under the dash so it is concealed and out of sight. Wiper arms are intact and so is the motor. The antenna is incorrect and the previous owner used one from a mustang. The steering colmn is original with out adjustment, keyless, shifterless. The steering wheel is a Grant wood trim three spoke jober.

Engine, Transmission, Rear:
440 date coded block (yes it is). 906 heads, stock pan, valve covers. Holley 4 barrel intake manifold with a hop'd up eddy 750 carb. Hemi fuel pump, Voodoo mild camshaft. The engine was rebuilt top to bottom in 2001 and to this date has 7,000 miles on it. Mopar Performance billet distributer, MSD Blaster 2 coil, Mopar Performance MSD 6. Schumaker headers collected to dual exhast and oe chrome tips. MSD Helicore 8.5mm wires with heli heat protected boots. Mopar performance water pump. New 2 wire alternator. 22" Chrysler radiator with staight fixed fan. Engine runs great and was tuned before parked for winter and interior resto. Fast and powerful RB. Schumaker conversion mounts. I spilt for the headers so there is no cutting of inner fender wells.
Big Block 727 with shift kit. Not sure of the converter. Possitive shifts every time. Never had any trouble with it.
489 case rear with brand new 3.91 ratio ring and pinion, rebuilt (cone style) sure grip. This case rebuilt cost $700. Was 3.23sg. Small bolt pattern axles. I have LBP axles and drums for quick swap. Mopar performance green bearings installed. New shoes all around (SBP Drums all around!).

Wheels Brakes:
SPB (small bolt pattern) drums all around. Large drum set-up so a disc brake conversion won't break the bank.
NEW* Cragar S/S 15"X6" (standard offset)
NEW* BFG Traction tires.
NEW* Cragar S/S 15"X7" (standard offset)
NEW* BFG Traction 255/60/R15
This set up is 1 year old and has had 200 miles on them. Cost me $1,000 from Newstalgia for this set-up.

I have every nut and bolt taken off or tended to use. I never threw anything out. Everything goes. This car was half of my life for the past 4 years and I hate to hell to see it go. Times are tuff and I have to do what I have to do. $8,500 takes. No BS please I'm honest and fair.
Located near Woodbridge, NJ 07064
If you are interested PM here for phone number and address we can set up a date and time to show. These are all the pics I have for now. If you want more..... Wait I'll post some more when I have the time. Its tucked away safe in a garage as it has been for the last 3 years. Thanks FABO.

IMG00076.jpg

IMG00145.jpg

I feel your pain,brother.Not your fault that times are what they are.I need another like I need a third leg.Good Luck with the sale,and I wish you the best.Keep the faith!

Cliffjumper, keep the faith. I hit bottom before. Can only get better from there. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks fellas.
I moved out of the house where the car is but, my old room mate has come to an agreement with me to keep the car in the garage until I'm ready to move it.
I'll make the time to go photo crazy the next time i'm over there. By the way, I don't plan on going to much lower that $7,000. I've invested over 12k. That's buying it, transporting it, fixing and finding parts.
Here are two shots that were on my camera before I took the carpet out. The dash was already under construction at this point.

Jasonscarforsale001.jpg

Jasonscarforsale002.jpg

I'm the next town over from you and If I had the room, I would tell you to just bring the car over and keep it at my house till you get it sold. I already have my friends 68 Dart bracket car and trailer along with my 37 foot trailer on the side of my house. Just no room right now. The garage has my 09 Challenger R/T sitting inside so unfortunately, I can't help. And that just sucks.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Thank you for the help! Thats awesome. I don't think I'll be moving the car anytime soon.

Hi ...nice car!

I'm not at all familiar with NJ (canadian ...'bout 12 hours north of you) but Ihavea buddy in North Jersey, Sussex County, Augusta I think. Roughly how long would it take him to get to you??

Did you ever sort out the issues you were having in this thread?
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=65120
(noise out back/timing chain/flat springs, etc ...)

Am I understanding correctly that the whole car is stripped or just the interior? Does it run and drive ...enough to load/unload it from a trailer?

how long can you wait to move this car?

thanks,
dean

- you can pm your reply if you'd prefer, I'd love to see more pics too

edit: you look like Woody Harrelson :-D

Hi ...nice car!

I'm not at all familiar with NJ (canadian ...'bout 12 hours north of you) but Ihavea buddy in North Jersey, Sussex County, Augusta I think. Roughly how long would it take him to get to you??

Did you ever sort out the issues you were having in this thread?
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=65120
(noise out back/timing chain/flat springs, etc ...)

Am I understanding correctly that the whole car is stripped or just the interior? Does it run and drive ...enough to load/unload it from a trailer?

how long can you wait to move this car?

thanks,
dean

- you can pm your reply if you'd prefer, I'd love to see more pics too

edit: you look like Woody Harrelson :-D

The car is located in Port Reading, NJ 07064
That would be about an hour drive at the most from Sussex County.
The timing chain was replaced last spring with a new Mopar Performance double roller from Moparts. I tuned the carb and timing in the fall and it runs smooth. I sorted out the noise thanks to New Jersey DOT and they're Jersey walls. The noise was coming from the driverside header rattling on the torsion bar. I checked the pinion angle on the rear and its sitting fine. I went with a taller tire and bigger wheel (255 BFG on a Cragar 15"X7") and that stopped the wheel hop. The springs out back are original. I have stock shakles I would be throwing in with air shocks to give that arc back until I got SS springs. With some quick wiring I can have it road ready without instruments, no dash and a bucket seat installed. I was planning on doing floor pan patches this spring. What is installed at this moment in the interior is the dash frame, steering colmn, steering wheel, pedals are in place, shifter in place, rear view, visors, headliner, door panels front and back, handles, window cranks, arm rests. The carpet is gone because it was original and had a smell to it. After I quick hook up some wiring and throw a seat in it, it'll be ready for a drive.
Yea I get that Woody Harrelson look-alike quite often.

Sunday (1/16/2011) I plan on visiting the garage where I'll be making a list of parts that go with it and taking pictures. Alot of pictures.

By the way my father drove 3 1/2 hours to kick me in the *** for putting this up for sale. Then drove back.

All of the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most. :toothy10:

The deal fell through.
I don't like dealing with Craigslist.... I keep getting Scammers waisting my time. I did put it back up on CL though, for the people that are honest shoppers. At least I know how to tell if it is a Scam or not.
I dropped the price to $6000.
If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM and I'll gladly show it.

good luck bub, i would love to have another big block barracuda, but hell i dont have the room or the casheola right now,that and im trying to find a 69 to finish the trio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back