68-69 Barracuda windshield gasket question

-

Mr Man

Reaction score
Hi,

Did the 68-69 Barracuda windshield gaskets require a black lockstrip? I'm confused, I thought the 68-69 didn't require a lockstrip at all. I have purchased two gaskets from two different vendors, supposedly for a '69, and they both require a lockstrip.

If anyone knows that a non-lockstrip gasket is available, please let me know where I can find one. A part number would be great.

Thanks,
Scott

There were 2 different designs of gasket. One was a one piece interlocking design and the other used a round lock cord. Only difference is in who made it, either will work.
The 67 locking insert wasn't round or black.

Thanks guys for the replies. I didn't realize there were two designs for 68-69. The link that Rocky posted is for part # WCR-D690, which requires the round lock cord. Steele and Classic Industries sell this one.

Does anyone know the part number for the 68-69 gasket that doesn't require the round lock cord?

Thanks,
Scott

If your gaskets are for a '67 and require the lock strip moulding, I'll buy one of them off you. Help off set the cost of getting the one you need?

-
Back