-
Status
Not open for further replies.

swifterthanyou

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I am selling a rare four speed console shifter and console that was removed from a 68 Dart GTS that was being turned into a race car (which I thought was a really bad idea to do to a true GTS) but I purchased the original engine and transmission etc. as parts a few years back anyway. The engine and transmission are in my 68 Valiant (for sale under the cars for sale in FABO http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=177845) but because my car is a four door, did not use the console or shifter.

As I am now unemployed as of December 31st (happy New Year?), I am selling as much stuff off my shelves as I can without compromising my projects.

The ball is original but is a bit warn but still shows all for speeds and reverse, the Hurst handle is in excellent shape for a driver but for show should be re-chromed. The console is all there, no cracks but needs either new top plates or refinishing as the chrome is a bit pitted and the wood grain inserts definitely need to be replaced. The guy that removed the console did not remove the ball, instead tore the top boot which will now need to be replaced but the bottom boot is still in great shape.

I even have the heavy cardboard hump cover that is covered with carpet that is always missing when someone sells a console, see the pictures.

I have although not pictured, a set of linkage rods that will go with this setup as well as the two floor mounting brackets that are welded to the floor. I also can include the metal ring for the bottom boot as I believe I have one on the shelf but did not get from the GTS.

This console was a lighter delete console as you can see by the pictures.

I will ship this at your cost so please send me a PM with if you are interested with your address so I can quote you accurate shipping costs.

This is all original Mopar and was specific to 68 and 69 Dart GTS years and yes, I know the handles etc. is now being re-popped but at this price, you get almost everything you need.

I accept cash, money orders, cash, PayPal (buyer covers the fees), or cash. Please send PM's with interest and thanx.

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_1218.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_1219.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_1220.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_1222.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_1224.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_1228.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_1227.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 548
Could you measure how much the shifter kicks off to the right, normal a-body shifter comes up straight, thanks webby.

A body shifters without consoles come up either straight for buchet seats or are bent in two directions for bench seat applications. Console shifters cannot come up straight through the console as the are offest to the drivers' side of the tunnel and the console sits on the center of the tunnel.

Going on Ebay this weekend if no serious intrest here as I did list it as "or best offer" but has to be reasonable.

I have been trying to reach you for this console and haven't had any repley. Please contact me if it is still available ASAP. I can pick it up with cash.

That is a 69 Console, not a 68, the 66-68 had the chrome/silver top plates, and the 68 had the white Hurst knob.

69 was the first year for the woodgrain top plates and woodgrain knob.

I talked to Jim today and I am picking it up sunday. So it is sold. Also I have seen 68's with both wood and silver. 66 67 were all silver for sure.

Picked up the console today. It was better then described. I am very pleased with it. Jim also included extras I didn't expect. Great deal , Thanks Jim. Hope you can find the other parts I am looking for. Ended up buying a Parakeet while I was at that store. Steve

True, I've been in and out of the forum, wife was in for surgery a couple of weeks ago and I was daddy daycare to four young'ns so had my hands full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back