Not open for further replies.

66fs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Contact seller
A Body Exhaust Tips, Original, Used to fit 1968-1974 factory dual exhaust. Except 1968-1969 Barracuda and 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger. Some rust thru and one was cut too close, by someone other than me. See pictures for condition. $40 + shipping for the pair.

P1010001.JPG
P1010002.JPG
P1010003.JPG
P1010004.JPG
P1010005.JPG

Last edited:
The uncut tip is 17 & 7/8 inches long at the longest point
The cut tip is 17 & 1/2 plus or minus about 1/4 inch for the angle it was cut.

I'm new to Mopar and this 67 Barracuda is my first. What makes these not right for the 68-69 Barracuda? You didn't mention the 67 Barracuda. Is there something about the 67 that would allow them to fit it?

Thanks

The 2nd-generation Barracuda and 1970 Dart all have rear valances, unlike other performance A-bodies. Because of the inward curvature at the bottom of the valance, the tips are different. The ones listed would technically fit, but they'd stick out like buck teeth.

For comparison, the 2nd-generation Barracuda/1970 Dart tips look like this:

ep9b-scomp.jpg

The 68, 69 Barracuda and 70 dart the tips are shorter. Technically the 67 Barracuda did not have a valence to use these tips. The HP 273 used a larger resonator cutout and the 383 just used 2 turn down tail pipes. The /6 and 273 2 barrel just ran a small single exhaust with a turn down tail pipe.

Ahh. Think my 67 originally came with the HP 273 Commando. VIN indicates 273, 4spd and had Commando badge on fender. Had the current 340 in it when I bought it. Did the valance on the 67 have a single sweep/notch on one side for the resonator pipe? I thought about having my paint guy swap out the rear valance on my car for one with the notches prior to new paint job but went ahead and left it original.

I'll get one tomorrow. Don't believe it has any notches for tips to tuck up in on either side though.

Mine doesn't have that notch on either side. Found document from when I ran the VIN and option numbers through one of those decoders.

Jan 67
273 cid 4-bbl HP V8
4spd manual floor shift
Looked for my bag of badges I removed from the car prior to paint but didn't find it. I'm sure it's in a labeled bag in one of the totes on the shelf. Pretty sure the RF fender badge mounted above the Chrysler pentagon was Orange and Black and said "Commando V8". That's not to say that someone can't change out badges but I figured the 4-bbl HP V8 related to the Commando as well but being new to Mopar I could be wrong.

Valance-LR.jpg

Valance-RR.jpg

'67 383 cars, only, had dual turndowns and the valance had flanged rounded cutouts.

Here's a crappy pic.

20230103_225051.jpg

Mine doesn't have that notch on either side. Found document from when I ran the VIN and option numbers through one of those decoders.

Jan 67
273 cid 4-bbl HP V8
4spd manual floor shift
Looked for my bag of badges I removed from the car prior to paint but didn't find it. I'm sure it's in a labeled bag in one of the totes on the shelf. Pretty sure the RF fender badge mounted above the Chrysler pentagon was Orange and Black and said "Commando V8". That's not to say that someone can't change out badges but I figured the 4-bbl HP V8 related to the Commando as well but being new to Mopar I could be wrong.

273 engine with 4 barrel is a Commando 273 in a Barracuda.

So my car should have a single notch on the driver side of the valance for a single resonator setup?

Someone fell asleep on the assembly line when mine rolled down or it was on a Friday close to quitting time. :rofl:Maybe they added the notch later in the model year? My VIN showed Jan 26, 1967. Good information.

Someone fell asleep on the assembly line when mine rolled down or it was on a Friday close to quitting time. :rofl:Maybe they added the notch later in the model year? My VIN showed Jan 26, 1967. Good information.
That's a mid year car but anything has been known to happen. Never say never with Mopar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back