68 Barracuda convertible stuff

-

WildCat

Reaction score
anyone wanting 68 barracuda convertible parts there is a whole top, trim, doors for sale at the Indy Cylinder head swap meet.

The guy parted out a complete rust bucket

if anyone needs parts let me know, he wants to sell it as a complete setup.

one question he had that I couldn't answer was on the door glass. Is it like the Dart and convertible only and is the vent window frame convertible only?

I told him he needs to get on here

he also has a dash cluster with a clock in the center between speedo and engine monitor gauges

vent frames are the same, door glass is different.Lawrence

Many years ago I bought a drivers door glass for my 67 vert from a parts yard in Arizona. He pulled the glass from a 69 Dart vert and asured me it was the same.
I checked it upon arrival and it is the same. Later I read that the cuda vert and cuda fastback use the same door glass. I cant confirm that but if it 's true then Dart vert cuda vert, cuda fastback all use the same door glass.
For vent windows in no post models the difference is in how they mount inside the door. 67 is different from 68 up.

door glass convert
69 dart #3411 69 bcuda same
67-68 dart #3210 67-68 bcuda same
hardtop
67-68 dart #3209
69 dart #3412(also fits70-72 dart 71&72 valiant) no demons/dusters
# given is the hollander number assigned to that part.
I have recently just swapped the vent frames on my 69 convert-- the spares were from a 68 hardtop they had the same part numbers & matched fine.

the reason 69 glass is listed as different: ma mopar changed how the window stops were used-- 69 no longer has brackets in the door-- they use a bracket on the rear glass guide & a hole with a plastic stop in the glass .

the glass will interchange just need the year specific stops.
Lawrence

-
Back