68 Barracuda Drivers window

-

Wagon of Death

Aussie Barracuda Fisherman
Reaction score
Ever since Ive owned this car, a few years now, the drivers door glass has pretty much done its own thing...Its manually operated, wind it all the way up, it winds itself back down a turn or two, go to wind it down and it "falls" down but also turns the window winder handle, some times its no fun trying to wind it up, I do have a manual for this, thanks MyMopar, but its definitely not clear to me where to start with this
I also have an issue with the rear glass (fastback) in that it looks like the glass is not in the track...the hole you get to work through is way too small for me to work out where its all gone awry...does someone have a pic of the way that one is supposed to operate?

Thanks in advance

Take the panels off and inspect mechanism. You should be able to see where the problem is. There is excess play somewhere. Send us pictures.

For 2nd gen cuda 67-9, the doors can be confusing. There are subtle differences. As Murray said show us pics to determine for sure what year.
I have pics of insides of 67 door. Also show pics of glass, fb vert and hatchback glass are ALL different. Now add 3 different years and the differences are magnified.
Pics please

-
Back