68' barracuda grill studs

-

cktasto

Reaction score
I spent the last two days with a couple of buddies aligning the doors, fenders and hood on my 68 ' fb.
when I was initially taking the front end apart I noticed the studs on the the perimeter of the grill pieces were mostly broken off...2 of perhaps 5-6 still remain. if anyones replaced these I'd sure appreciate hearing how they approached the job.

charlie

Just picked these up from local jobber off the rack. To use on 67 cuda grill.
Papco # 910-1675

20160910_222655.jpg

20160910_222745.jpg

Just picked these up from local jobber off the rack. To use on 67 cuda grill.
Papco # 910-1675

View attachment 1714966954

View attachment 1714966955

Hey fellas, I did a search before I posted and didnt come up with anything helpful (a post from 2006 that was inclusive) but the post above looks interesting. I was going to dremel off the rivets and replace the studs with what I dont know :) and this has given me some ideas on how to proceed. thanks!

charlie

Yes sir, those same T bolt studs are used in the upper and lower trims of a 67 fish ( generic fasteners used in 100s of applications) work fine in the 67,8 front grilles. Just grind out the originals.
During re-assembly you will realize why the factory opted for the welded studs. Lots of small parts are time consuming.
Having done this a couple of times over the years, I found that building the header panel grille assembly on a table and poking all of it between the fenders is the easier method.
The bolt holes in the header panel are slotted creating sharks teeth there to scratch a fender. The little stabilizers on the bumper ends can scratch a fender too. A careful helper is req'd.

-
Back