68 barracuda w9 setup

-

trodo302

Reaction score
i just purchased a 1968 barracuda with a 340 w9 setup,motor is in boxes
anybody have any clue where i can get headers for this car
and what do you do for oiling,i have a solid roller cam
they are telling me i have to custom make valve covers to oil valve train ,springs,rockers etc,,

thanks

uncharted waters here but valve covers can be retrofitted with spray bars easily, just drill and epoxy in the bar and plumb it to oil pressure. Getting W9 covers is another story. That is an R3 block, right? Did it come with lifters? Check this out:

"Because Chrysler moved the intake ports on the W-9 head to get the pushrod alignment straight, offset lifters needed to be used. JMS used a combination of centered, left, and right offset lifters. Neither Chrysler nor Comp Cams could clearly state what lifters were needed for this combination, but when it did come time for lifters, Comp was the only company that had offset lifters in a Mopar diameter. Each lifter had to be checked individually for geometry to see what offset was needed. Once the correct lifter offset was established, Comp Cams had to figure out what tie-bars were needed to connect the lifters. "Chrysler didn't know what lifters to use," said Mike. "They were on the phone with us asking what we came up with. That is why this motor is so cool. It's so new that even Chrysler is interested in what it took to put it together." The combination of lifters consisted of eight Comp Cams centered lifters (892C-1), four of the left offset lifters (892L-1), and four of the right offset lifters (892R-1). Eight Comp Cams link bars (CC814) hold the lifters together."

The valve covers look like Magnum bolt pattern. 10 studs. should be a very strong motor if all the pieces are there, good luck and keep us posted.

-
Back