68 Barracuda What Goes Here?

-

tlmw94

Reaction score
Hi All! I have this 68 Barracuda with a Slant Six. To say the car is not complete would be an understatement :) I am currently taking stock and acquiring missing parts. I found this hole above and to the right of the Brake Master Cylinder and cannot figure out what is supposed to go there. Anybody know?

Also just below the hole there is something that kind of looks like a relay? Anybody know what it is for as well?

IMG_8860_copy.jpg

No idea on the hole, my 67 doesn't have it. Maybe manual washer pump hoses.

The black box is the voltage regulator.

Alan

First I've ever seen of a foot operated washer pump

IMHO it wasn't one of Ma Mopar's best ideas, bringing washer fluid into the vehicle just to pump it out again. When it leaks (hose or rubber boot) it soaks right into the carpet and rots the floor pan.

If you have a foot pump and want to switch to an electric pump and leave all the water outside, you can ask Moparmatt2000 if he will convert your foot pump assembly to a momentary switch that feeds the electric pump. The alternative would be to get a different dash switch for the wiper/washer and there is conflicting info on FABO as whether you can use that switch with your 2 speed wiper (foot pump and 2 speed paired usually). Rebuilt 3 speed/variable speed motor is completely different and they are going for around $500 each. I like the foot switch on the floor rather that fiddling with stuff on the dash in the rain anyway.

Oh yeah, when you don't have a foot pump all the cars have that hole in the firewall and it just gets the usual capplug.

Faxon's book of 1967-9 A-body assembly drawings may be something you want to buy for what you are doing.

There's a review of it posted here so I won't repeat that.
What I did for some drawings is photograph or copy and then mark up so they would be easier to work with. One of those happens to be the drawing of firewall pass throughs.
upload_2021-5-20_19-24-54.png

and some the grommet drawings that go with it.
upload_2021-5-20_19-26-17.png

Faxon's book of 1967-9 A-body assembly drawings may be something you want to buy for what you are doing.

What I did for some drawings is photograph or copy and then mark up so they would be easier to work with. One of those happens to be the drawing of firewall pass throughs.
View attachment 1715740354

View attachment 1715740361
Thanks Mattax! This would actually be really helpful. Going to try and find one!

Hmm, my car has a 2-speed wiper and the electric pump. So I would assume you could just swap the switch and the pump/bottle.

View attachment 1715740354

View attachment 1715740361
Hi Mattax,

I did a little searching and am having trouble finding "Faxon's book of 1967-9 A-body assembly drawings" Do you have any pictures of the cover of the book or any leads on where to find one?

-
Back