68 Barracuda

-

HEMIHUNTER

Reaction score
And so it begins..... wifes' project getting ready for paint in the garage. She wanted to paint it Black or White with a flat black hood, then she saw the bare metal with the swirls and said " thats awesome, can we make it look like that?"...NO says I, stick to your first instinct.... I first 2 LOL

Attachments

• IMAG0137.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 573
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 568
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 565
  • IMAG0139.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 582
Sweet, another lady with a '68 Fastback. :-D I've soooooo been where you are right now ... enjoy the ride!

if you clear coat it it would be some thing like Darl Waltups chrome nascar. black or blue both would be cool and welcome to the site

Throw away your VHS of "Back to the Future" immediately......:D.

I agree, nice project. I do like white on some cars, but that's just begging for a slick black job.

The drive train and interior are done. Built 360, reverse man. 727, 71 E-body Dana.... This thing was built for the 1/4 mile, front disc, rear drum, power steering removed..... I drove it around the block on a few occasions last fall and got out smiling from ear to ear....LOUD, and takes 2 feet to drive lol
every little touch of the pedal and she jumps like a beast...:cheers:

Could do a chrome wrap of the whole car. Like they did on fast and loud. LOL!

OK, my wife is the ****..lol she said the 71 Cuda is the uh "pretty" car, this should say FU and be heard a long way away

Here's this weeks progress.... priming what you see monday

Attachments

• IMAG0148.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 389
  • IMAG0146.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 405
  • IMAG0149.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 427
:cheers: Got a little farther today... Now Sharon thinks this looks bad ***

Attachments

• under const 3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 360
  • under const 4.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 376
LOL.. It looks like she is going to stay in Black Suede Primer with an accent somewhere in blood red or prob. yellow to be Scat Pac Bee like.....

Attachments

• IMAG0167.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 357
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 337
  • IMAG0169.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 348
  • IMAG0170.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 340
Paint ?? can the car stay in primer?, can primer be waxed?? is there a black paint that when waxed looks like the suede primer???

There is that rat rod paint...looks like a matte/satin finish and can be washed

Pretty sure Summit and Eastwood sell their own versions of it...probably TCP global too

-
Back